Similar symptoms to heart problems?

Posted , 2 users are following.

One night, I started to feel some very slight pains around my heart, and then I felt my left arm tensing up. After a bit of time, my chest started to really tighten up, and I could feel that happen a bit in surges as I got lightheaded and had to lay down. There wasn't any real pain, though.

After that, ever since then (2-3 weeks ago), my left arm occasional has been slightly cramping, and sometimes it feels hot for a bit. I also sometimes feel a tiny pain around my heart, more of an annoyance, and my chest feels sensitive.

And more consistently, I've been having some strange tingling sensations, like I feel little crawls in my stomach sporadically. Sometimes, I feel the tingling in my left arm as well, but not as often. Much more rarely it's happened in other areas for very short moments, like my leg or the back of my neck.

I went for a checkup, blood tests and X-ray all turned out normal, but these symptoms have still been bothering me, and I don't really have an idea of what it is, they just mentioned the symptoms were very similar to heart problems, but they weren't weren't worried.

Again, there's not much pain to speak of, but it has felt very unsettling to me, I know there's an issue, even if a smaller one, as for most of the day my body is giving me these odd sensations.

Sorry, I know it's all probably vague, but thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Look in to costochondritis, it's a condition that feels like heart problems but isint.

• Posted

Thanks for the pointer, that does describe some of how I felt, but there doesn't seem to be any arm or stomach related symptoms with it, so I'm not sure that's what it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.