Similar symptoms to UTI but not a UTI

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there, 

Over a month ago I was just sitting down watching TV when I suddenly got a muscle spasm in the genital area. (sorry for the tmi) I thought it was a little weird but just ignored it but it kept happening again and again throughout the day. Later on I think it was, I started feling like I needed to urinate but nothing would come out when I felt like I needed to. The spasms carried on and I feel like they made the urge to go even worse. I thought this was because of the medication I was on at the time (zoloft) as it can be a side effect but I've been off the medication for a while and I'm still getting this issue.I was also only on them for four days so I don't think it's because of the medication. I started getting constipation issues which I now believe to be a coincidence and that went away. But I still have this feling like I can't empty my bladder. I've been to the doctors about this a few times and done two samples for my doctor at different visits, one of them was tested by a lab as well but there was no signs of an infection. I think I'm not going as much either as in I will have a lot to drink but not go as much as I usually do after having that amount of liquids. I feel worse after I go to the toilet because there's always that feling that I haven't been properly. And when I do need to go I feel I really have to go urgently but not much comes out. I've been to the doctors about this so much I'm too embarrassed to go back. Does anybody have any theories? Thanks in advance. 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm 20 years old and female btw

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.