Simply headaches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anyone know people who have had constant headaches for a long period of time but have no explanation or other problems? Everyone seems to have another underlying cause but I have no back or neck pain or anything else and am very unsure about a chiropractor I do not want to see one if I can really help it. I would really appreciate being able to talk to someone in the same boat as me so I can compare meds and tips. All help needed

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

you should read my first post about all of my symptoms. It basically will tell you everything I have done trying to find the cause of my headaches. If we have anything in common, let me know. I hope you can find an explanation soon.
    • Posted

The only similar things we have is occasional clumsiness and forgetfulness but I move just come off 75mg of amitriptyline after being on it in total of 5/6 months but I have been on it previously too. I started feeling like they've been getting worse over the past couple weeks and the drs were reluctant enough to put me on 75mg let alone up the dosage again.

I have been to a neurologist but even they are not sure, I've had MRI's and blood tests. I have been on food diarys for the past 10years and they've found no link with anything (obviously the more chocolate you eat the worse it gets) And lifestyle diaries. I have not actually been told by a medical professional to actually go see a chiropractor or anything else like that. I've had massages and reflexology but I don't really want to see a chiropractor if I don't have to because they can often make things worse than better.

Thank you for the help smile

• Posted

Well I've had a headache and heavy head symptoms, for a long time. This started over 3 years ago, After long periods of study that they weren't able to find a specific cause for my headaches and heavy head symptoms they prescribed me amitripilyn 50mg. And that helped out a bit. Well I'm still having the same problem, hope you have any good luck
    • Posted

Hi Kev, well I've just come off amitriptyline I know this has helped many people and it helped me for about 5/6 months but recently the headache was getting worse so my dr gave me gabapentin. I started this 4 days ago but from the beginning have suffered very strong side effects however if I stop these I have ran out of tablets to have. The neurologist said something about Botox but they don't like doing that if you're under 24 and I'm only 19. Plus I don't know how I quite feel about Botox.. I guess I shall have to ride it out longer until it just goes sad but thanks for the help
  • Posted

lauren how old r u? you can be in pre-menopause as early as mid 30's or it may even be connected to your cycle

• Posted

Hi Lauren. Please see my original post. I have been this way for forty years with no serious interest from any body in the medical profession, no scans, no xrays and not even a blood test. I see a neuroligist about every ten years who tells me i have'nt got a tumor and that is that. I have seen many other alternative therapists who assure me they can help then happily take the money, i must have spent thousands. So be careful, try and find a sufferer who has had success with the choiroprator you intend to see. In my experience they have more understanding of the condition than i do. Food triggers are a probability for migraines but for headaches or head pain its doubtful so ignore the the stuff about chocolate, caffein and just about everything else its nonsence if you have head pain.

Sorry to go on but as you probably have gathered living with this is very frustrating.

Good luck to you and don't worry not many people suffer for as long as i have.

• Posted

Sorry. Correction, i intended to say" they have no more understanding of the condition than i do".
  • Posted

Hi

I've had headaches / migraines for years with no underlying reason diagnosed with it as yet. They got worse and now the doctor said i have a chronic condition as I have them over half of the month. Amatriptylin doesn't make a difference for me was on that a couple of months but no joy. Currently on gabapentin , the side effects at the moment are awful and it doesn't seem to be doing much at the moment but only been on it a few days so will have to see. Just had blood tests done for the first time and have been on the waiting list for 2 months to see the neurologist ..so at the moment it's a waiting game ! Can totally understand your frustration when nothing seems to help and there's no explanation of why you're getting them

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.