Simvastatin - pains before and after I've come off

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was taken off Simvastatin about two months ago due to have pains in my knees and a feeling of beng sunburnt on my face and back, which seems to have sorted its self out, but now I have the most awful pain in my left , it seems to encompass my entire left shoulder, travel down my arm to my elbow and and make the little finger and second finger along numb and tingly. I didn't have these pains before.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie,i was on the med for a year. Dont know what to tell you about your new symptoms. I think statins are associated with shoulder issues. Heres where google can come in handy. If it gets worse or keeps up I would go in and get checked . Xx
  • Posted

i had the same problem  shoulder knees fingers and hip pain i went of of them they are evil drugs it took 3 months for my shoulder to come right  start taking  turmric  tablets  they are awsome
  • Posted

Hi Julie - sorry to read of your pain. I was on statins for two years at highest dose (totally unnecessary).  I developed a text book of ailments that were dismissed. One was pain in my left shoulder and arm, such that I could no longer lie on that side in bed and had difficulty lifting my arm above shoulder height. Having thrown the poison away, one year on I have the occassional ache/pain but it is better than it was.

You have not said how long you were on statins. Healing will take time. Please think seriously before allowing a doctor to prescribe other statins to you. There are horror stories that make me feel that, although my health was failing badly due to statins, I have escaped relatively well. Good luck for your future.

• Posted

Oh, and I couldn't snap my fingers like I used to. You know, to summon the doctor. wink

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.