Since i stopped my HRTs

Posted , 7 users are following.

Ever since i stopped my Estradiol and the Provera i have not been myself I am not sleeping to good i am restless and irritable 

i stopped it because of the bleeding i went through and the two cyst on my left ovary and the lesion on my right ovary.

I even had to stop my Nurontin because it made me really tired weak and it made me feel like i was going to pass out. 

I just want to have a good nights sleep through the night with out waking up feeling restless crying and moody 

I don't know what to do any more 

Can someone give me some advise pleasesad Just feel like crying and screaming

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I haven't done any HRT, and I don't want too, but there must be something that evens us out.  Sheesh - cry at the drop of the hat - way too sensitive about everything.  I really don't know how my family can stand me.  Fly off the handle, seriously sleep deprived, and weepy.  good grief.  I know thre are natural remedies, but I have not take the time to look into all of them.  I also know I should be meditating, walking, eating properly - all the things to make sure I am at my utmost.  Why don't I do them??  It is me that suffers from not doing it - and anyone in a 50 mile radius!  LOL  But mostly me - the symptoms and the guilt and remorse and shame from the behaviors.  UGH  Get off the pot DEB!  That's IT!  I will ask my natupath friend TODAY!  I think black cohosh, st johns wart... will need to verify and try them out dang it.
    • Posted

The problem is JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED eek

Because like me and the rest of us (you've no energy) this has to be the very worst thing I've had in my life (really)

Never really had any medical probs, hiked love fresh air and a great enthusiasm for life and Then THE MENOPAUSE uhh!!!sad

Keep going and stop beating yourself up, this thing is really bloody awful

Mrs M XXX

• Posted

Thanks Mrs M!  Need to put the stick down and stop beating myself up.  just put my one foot in front of the other and get to being part of the solution.  Do what is good for me and stop whining about why I have to do it!  LOL
    • Posted

Ive tried thenatural things....???For me no help at all..may go back on htr and not tell Drs the truth!Ha....which is worse anyway..who knows all the Drs are men if it where them this would of been taken care of long ago..cause they couldnt handle this crap we women have to deal with...I mean as if menstration wasnt bad enough....right...now menopause for 10 yrs good grief!! rolleyes
    • Posted

Thank goodness HRT was invented - been on it for 25 years.  Had some downs when other causes made my hrt ineffective so I know what it is like.  I don't know why women want to torture themselves like that.

They don't want to take hormones (and I don't mean you in particular, Patti, as i don't know you), then end up taking a cocktail of drugs to try to offset all the symptoms that they are suffering, which ends up making them so unhealthy and probably cancer prone!!!

Just do proper medical research, read the whole research papers, to check the conditions that they are researching under as it may not pertain to your circumstances.  Otherwise a lot of flawed research abounds as 'myths'.

Good luck.

• Posted

Poor Susan,

having a rubbish day myself cry tearful................................

Have you tried HERBAL nightall tabs, they might just relax you enough to drop off, but personally I think the best thing is some fresh air, just 30 mins walk would help (honest), I can't muster up the effort today though, I'm sat here on the couch having a "pity party" LOL

Stay positive Hun XXXwink

• Posted

I have not tried HERBAL NIGHTTALL TABS i am on other medications and i do not want the interaction thank you for your input though
    • Posted

Go for that pity party Drs dont seem to care..just brush it off or its a mental thang....let them do it for a few days see how fast they find a cure.. rolleyes I use to go walk it off but my dang dog tripped me with her chain 8 weeks ago so now its a broken ankle with no bearing weight ..geez ...so a pity party is necessary once in awhile women....but pull yourselves out of it so depression doesnt get the best of you all!
  • Posted

I have cysts and fibroids AND am on HRT - Kliofem. I tried all the 'natural remedies' with no success. I had awful hot flushes, night sweats and was SO cranky my OH said it was like living with the antichrist (charming).

I do get some bleeding and when I do I stop the HRT for a couple of weeks. When the misery starts again I start back on the HRT.

It is not perfect, but it works for me. I do have regular ultra-sounds and scans to keep an eye on things and we'll just see how it goes.

• Posted

Thank you for the information I will keep this in mind and see what my doctor wants me to do 

I just been so cranky not sleeping to good and moods all over the place

• Posted

The latest being touted on news by doctors (in australia) is to have your ovaries removed - especially if there is a problem.  No more risk of ovarian cancer, and as ovarian and breast cancer are related, no more risk of breast cancer.

• Posted

Susan Please know you arent alone so many of us women are going through this very thing with HRT.I had to have everything removed at 32 and the Drs put me on hrt..so I was fine for awhile...at the age of 34 I had a minor stroke,which Drs said was from my faulty heart valve,not the htr.However my cardio Dr.told my GYN he wanted me pulled off all htr for reasons of strokes.Im now 63 yrs old and have been suffering all these years.Its made me a different person.Im so moody,tired,sweating terribly,cant sleep...its horrible.Its been so hard Ive considered taking hrt again and lying to the Drs about my stroke...which is better?Who knows..I do my best to just get on day by day I .also have Lupus and an inoperable brain tumor ...so Im not sure which is causing which.Ive tried the natural herbs to no avail....keep yourself busy and do things for yourself.I travel that helps me not to get so frustrated..take care if you need me give a holler...hoping for better days and more studies to help us all through this hard times...its a woman thing cause ifnit were a mens thing more studies would have been done by the Drs cause they couldn't handle it even as good as we can!!Right ladies? smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.