Sinclair Method side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi looking for experiences from people who have found TSM successful. I’ve heard about the side effects when you start taking the medication, that tend to last the first few days. What about further down the line, when you are maybe only drinking every few days weeks or months and so only taking the medication every now and then - did the side effects come back? Or did your body stay adjusted to them? 

My other half has Naltrexone but not taken any yet partly due to being a bit nervous about the potential side effects.

Thanks in advance - I’ve learned so much from many of the posts here 😊

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Everyone is different, but for me, I can go months between drinks and the only side effect I get from the naltrexone is a bit of tiredness - but that could be the naltrexone, or the relaxing effects of a beer or two, or the relaxing effects of having a full tummy on nice food in a restaurant.

• Posted

My side effects:

Day one: Felt a bit buzzy but that might have been the excitement and nervousness of taking a new drug.

First month: Slightly apathetic. Decrease in appetite. Sex drive vanished.

Nowadays: Nothing really. Maybe some slight apathy but I might be confusing that with being sober.

So overall, nothing to worry about.

• Posted

Well Alex the ‘buzzy’ side effect may be a good incentive for him to start!! Thanks for the info 👍

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.