Singing hurts

Posted , 4 users are following.

i was born with acid reflux

everytime i sing in the house it really hurts / my throat / jaw and i yarn as im singing

is this normal****

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am sorry that you have had to live your life with AR its horrible, have you had medical investigation to find the reason, their are numerous illnesses that can account for it and treatment can differ with different ones

I think that your symptoms need checking out and then you will be given the correct information if your medication.

AR can cause many different symptoms though

• Posted

i was 16 when i had my last camera nothing came up only my acid reflux but ill have that my hole life.

• i get heart burn

• the lump feeling

• my throat makes theses noises

• i can not burp

i am now 23 and waiting for the minni cam pill to come out in the uk

• Posted

GERD can be an annoyance, mine came in coupled with IBD and 6 food intolerances, everything I could eat would give me GERD, because it was dry, fiberous or acid foods.

Did they rule out hiatial hernia? You should get a referal to a decent gastroenterologist and talk to them about your options, they can do surgery of sorts if the problems become to interfering.

Overall I haven't really found any pseudo treatments that work and avoided any medication and just dieted after getting bowel problems in control, it still comes and goes when I have bowel episodes.

If it is stopping you from singing take it seriously as it will be doing permanent damage to your throat and voice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.