Single white bump

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I have a single white bump on the outer edge of my anus. It looks like anal skin, but just a raised white bump. I’ve had it for a few months. It doesn’t itch or hurt. It can sometimes be a little irritated from wiping after going number 2.  It is painless, isn’t sore or tender and it’s not draining, bleeding, broken open and hasn’t spread or changed. It’s just a single whitish bump on the edge of my anus. From what I can see it doesn’t look like an anal wart, herpes, fissure or hemmroid. Could it be an anal fistula or skin tag? I have a doctors appt. in a few weeks, but wanted to get some insight to what it might be on here. Any advice would be helpful. 

Thank you 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi

Sounds like haemorrhoids/piles. It may go away on its own but after a few months already I would go to the doctors just to confirm what it is. 

Topical cream/suppositories are usually effective. 

Usually caused by hard stools/straining which cause blood vessel to swell. Make sure you are hydrated everyday and have enough fibre in your diet. Fibre won’t work without water though. 

If it is piles I’m glad it doesn’t hurt. Internal haemorrhoids or those just on the anis tend not to hurt. Haemorrhoids that some further out are very painful!

Hope you get it sorted

Alex 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.