Sinking fast - I'm disabled and have to move on my own !

Posted , 4 users are following.

in a month or so I have to downsize and it's been organised since March bug due to covid it's been delayed.

Also because of covid my grown up son who lives 300 miles away cannot help as planned, as I'm a shielded, disabled single woman. My grown daughters think it's ok to leave me to it, despite my despair over moving with no help.

I dont know how I'm supposed to do it. I cant move or lift anything and cant afford a full crew of moving people from a moving company.

As the time approaches, I'm sinking into a deep sadness that I'm losing, worrying about this and cannot find any help from anywhere.

I dont have any friends any longer as I lost them all gradually as my disabilities got worse, so I'm on my own.

I need suggestions to help me get out of this mindset of sinking misery. I've had a breakdown before which was terrifying and i really dont want another. can anyone please give me some advice. my Dr is little help as I'm already on Citalopram for CPTSD.

thank you.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Edited

firstly don't call yourself a burden! you're disabled and physically need support. why won't your daughters help? is there any one else around who could help? when do you move? if you contact your district council who should deal with housing then they may be able to help or suggest ways of doing so. it sounds like a completely rubbish situation. i hope someone helps you, if you lived near

• Edited

did you try anywhere for some support?

• Posted

I don't have anyone else, family etc to help. when I was moving in March, the plan was my son, his 2 friends and my daughters would help, but because I'm shielded, my son cannot now come. my daughters have moved away with their respective partners and I'm left alone.

I don't know where to go for help !

I really just need ideas to stop me sinking as it seems to be getting worse with each passing week.

thank you for answering.

• Edited

if i lived near you i would help! that is awful. have you asked where you're moving to to be patient as you're downsizing? is the place you're moving to much smaller? poor you - i just feel so bad you have to do this alone.

• Posted

if i lived near you i would help! that is awful. have you asked where you're moving to to be patient as you're downsizing? is the place you're moving to much smaller? poor you - i just feel so bad you have to do this alone.

• Posted

yes we have discussed waiting but we've been waiting since Feb/ March to move and she desperately needs her severely Autistic daughter in her own room and I'm sleeping on the sofa because I can no longer manage 2 sets of stairs to my bedroom as it's a 3 storey townhouse I'm in. I wasn't disabled when we moved here. I really appreciate your kind words. thank you

• Edited

hi burden, who is not really! how is this move been arranged and you a private resident or do you pay rent? i think if you speak to your district council they may be able to support you. i wish you luck your situation sounds awful!

• Edited

Hi Burden(M sure this is not your name).

First of all I want you to be at peace while reading this as I intend to bring a smile on your face even in this situation of yours. Since you mentioned that you do not have many friends, we are here for you as you new friends. I understand your situation and I just wanna tell you how brave and strong you must have been even trying to write all this.

Make friends online and check for anyone online who stays near your vicinity and could give you a helping hand. I still believe that the world is still full of people trying to have a positive change and it's just you need to ask for it.

Once you settle with this, lemme know how it went. All the best and trust me you are strong and awesome..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.