Sinking feeling in chest

Posted , 9 users are following.

This may be really hard to explain but lately like once or twice a day I get like a jumping feeling in my chest and I guess it's my heart but it leads me to worry rolleyes by a friend I was told it was normal it's a " heart hiccup" so I kinda just brush it off. But it happened again a couple of mins ago and this one felt a bit strange. There was no pain and i felt like a jump/ sinking feeling in the middle of my Chest and was really weird. I usually get palpitations like atleast once a day. I often get worried about my health. Does this happen to anyone else

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I get the same thing when I'm anxious, or just randomly, even when I'm not already anxious. If I get it when I'm not anxious, it usually causes my anxiety to come about.
  • Posted

This happens to me, along with weird breathing patterns. I notice this during a time of anxiety, or when it is about to start.
    • Posted

For me it happens most of the time when I'm laying in bed at night. I don't get weird breathing problems with it I just tend to get a little frightened by it. It's so scary.
  • Posted

Is this new for you?
    • Posted

Wel it's been happening for a couple of weeks now.
    • Posted

Not for that. I told a couple of people and they said it's happened to them before so I figured it just happens. Should I be worried?
    • Posted

Nope, since you know it's anxiety, that's a big step. If you need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM!

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

This isn't new for me. I have had several ekg, have worn a heart monitor, heart ultrasound, and chest X-ray. Everything has come back normal. It may give you some relief to get checked out, just for everything to come back okay. I'm sure it's only anxiety!
    • Posted

I had a chest X-ray, 2 EKGs and some some blood work done about 2 months ago and everything was perfect according to the docs. I mentioned palpitations to the doc before and she said its most likely due t worrying too much. So maybe it just is anxiety. Thanks for your input.
    • Posted

your doctors are trained well, you should trust them.
    • Posted

I got this a few minutes ago while driving, had a stressful day at work and worrying about my health constantly doesn't help.

• Posted

I keep feeling like I have a blood clot moving through my body when I get little aches and pains in my legs, even though my trip to the hospital revealed that it was only a panic attack. Has anyone had this happen?
  • Posted

did you ever find out what caused it? I'm getting the same sensations. I wonder if it's related to my gastritis.

• Posted

I get this too i think it is anxiety bit it feels like im about to have a heart attack theni gointo a huge panic. I have hadan ecg and a 24hr ecg but i feel i would like a chest xray and heart scan to be reasured xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.