Sinus headache or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I recently got diagnosed with a sinusitis approx. a little over a week ago. I was given augmentin which caused nausea... so I got it changed. I was given a z pack and I am on my last day of that. For about a week now I have been feeling this weird feeling in my head...a mix between a dull headache and pressure on my forehead behind my eyes, when my eyes move directions my head hurts more and I feel like I need to sit down or lay down. I never had anything like this before. I am on Sudafed now which isn’t doing much. I’m barley coughing anymore and am breathing pretty much normally, all that’s left is thus weird feeling in my head that’s constantly there throughout the day for a whole week! I’m scared and I’m not sure what’s wrong. this pretty much started after i got sick. any info appreciated.

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

It sounds very much like my symptoms when I have sinusitis. Sometimes even with medication it takes a while to clear up. I stopped using meds and started flushing out my nasal passages. I use one cup of cooled boiled water with 1 tsp salt and tsp bicarb and I use an Energade bottle with a squirty top. (if you can get a netipot that would work too) it goes in one nostril and comes out the other. Then blow your nose. (you can Google this). I do it twice a day. I also started taking Omega 3 capsules. it seems to have worked. I still do the flush every morning.

The symptoms can be scary I know but it's quite normal.

• Posted

is the omega 3 capsules helping your sinus headaches ?

• Posted

Sadly no, the omega 3 don't seem to help after all. I'm still doing the nasal flushing but I don't know whether it's helping at the moment.

I think I must have allergies as I don't have a cold at all.

I wake up every morning all stuffy and blocked up and by evening I feel better. I'm guessing because I've been upright all day so the sinuses can drain.

I have quite a lot of head pain, sometimes in the front over my eyes and in my nose and cheeks. but I also get pain in the back of my head (I thought my sinuses were in the front)

I wish I could find a cure for this, so tired of feeling ill every day.

Next step is to give my bedroom a good spring clean, sterilise everything if necessary, in case it's a dust allergy.

• Posted

Hi Liz, I am going through what you are. Except my pain is in my forehead on left side above eye brow (frontal sinus area) I have had this for 18 days now. My doc has me on Claritin D and Flonase steroidal nose spray. My head pain is now felt somewhat in the back of my head too. The forehead pain has gotten a bit better but still comes and goes. I feel scared like you do. I'm wondering if I should go for a CT scan. I hope you are feeling better 😃

• Posted

i have been going through the same thing daily for three weeks , forehead pain pressure in my nose etc .... doctor gave me doryx tablets for two weeks i finished the first round with not much change with my symptoms . its really putting me down i dont want to keep taking painkillers everyday.. i got my ct scans done back in 2018 they told me my symptoms are alkergy related .. i have been going in circles not sure what to do next ...

• Posted

I am so sorry Ma. It's so frustrating trying to figure out what this is! I feel like you, very down about this situation. I have never had sinus probs and recently I was sick with a sore throat and severe coughing and doc said it was a sinus infection. But having pain in my forehead for 18 days doesn't seem right and now has radiated to the back of my head. It's very intermittent but sometimes feels more intense than other times. I am so scared that it is something more serious. I want to do a cat scan, but I am supposed to go on an airplane in the next couple of days. I am not sure if I should go cuz of the cabin pressure. Ugh this is so hard! 😦

• Posted

hi steph

hope you are feeling better now

i went back to my gp he changed my antibiotics gave me klacid for seven days , its my last day taking it today ! head pressure is a little bit better but for some reason my left eye feels weird now its a little bit blurry i went to optometrist yesterday they didnt find anything wrong with it , gave me eyedrop for dry eyes...

hope things starts to clear up from mow on because i feel like my only option will be MRI to check everything for head and sinuses eveb though brevious ct scans were clear !! feels depressed about this whole issue ...

• Edited

Hi there,

I am struggling here with a forehead headache and temples, pressure on my face, tinnitus and a bit of lightheadness. Went to the emergency and the doctor touched my forehead and she said that is sinusitis, she gave me 5 day of amoxacilin and I was better now I am off the antibiotics and i started to have the symptoms again. Went to the ENT doctor and I have an MRI on the 24th of March. How long did your symptoms last? I am really depressed as this thing took my life now and I can't deal wity this anymore. Any help would be amazing xx

• Edited

hi suzana

i feel your pain !!!

hope your feeling better today ,

why did they want to get MRI done ? sometimes sinus infection can be very stubborn and you'll need two rounds of antibiotics . thats what happens with me always but this time i felt more pain and its taking for ever to clear up ...

anyway let us know how you go with MRI results , hope it will be all good for you and you will find some relief very soon .

• Posted

Hi,

Thank you so much for your reply. They wanted and MRI for my tinnitus, apparently it's very common to check your ears and head with an MRI if they can't find anything wring with the physical examination. Had the worst forehead, temples and bridge of my nose pain ever yesterday but today I feel better only the tinnitus is there which drives me crazy but at least it's no pain .... hopefully it will go soon and to have some relief from this as it is very frustrating 😦( xx

• Posted

Hi,

Does any of you have pressure on top of the head and like a static noise in the head (tinnitus) from the sinusitis? Also thick mucus in my nose but not runny nose.

How long does it take for the sinusitis to go? also does an MRI without contrast shows any tumor, sinus infection? Any of you have ecperienced this?

Many thanks x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.