Sinus infection!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

For over a week ive been feeling pretty crap, pain in my cheeks, head, feeling dizzy and sick, and a painful neck..

I went to the doctors this morning who agreed with me that i have a sinus infection, however he didnt give me antibiotics. He said to put my head over hot steam.

Im freaking out that i could die from this from it spreading to my brain or bones!! Should i of been given antibiotics? Or will this go on its own?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Antibiotics are not needed. It will pass on it's own. Antibiotics are more harmful then the illness. Smart doctor! Don't worry your body can heal itself, just do as he said 3 to 4 times a day. Good luck
  • Posted

My kids too they got antibiotics, it was ingoing too long but still took about three weeks from there for the cough  to resolve. I am so nervous. So much sinus and colds and coughs moving about this time of year. I get overly nervous and start thinking of all bad stuff when i get sick too, especially colds and such. Steam is very good. We did it with hot showers and humidifiers and some saline nose pump. Still ran its course. Keep drinking liquids too so it thins the mucos. Feel better soon.
  • Posted

I'm no doctor but I'm pretty sure you won't die from a sinus infection. It's like a cold anti biotics aren't needed it just goes naturally.. The steam idea is good. Don't worry. Give it some time nd you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. I hope you feel better soon xx
  • Posted

steaming with a cloth over a bowl of boilling water wrapped around your head will get rid of infection and mucus in your sinus. It will also relieve the pain. Sinus is just a cavity above and below your eyes. no risks of brain or bone infection!

Richard 

• Posted

Thankyou for all of your replies and advice😃 Now i have chest pain when i breathe deeply and a chesty cough with mucus. Does that mean it has gone to my chest? I still have congestion which now has blood in it from my nose!
    • Posted

I get chest pain when I breathe deeply especially at work it's just anxiety and with the cough you said you had a blocked nose or something that's just a cold.. With the blood I'm not sure? Maybe stress? Pop down to the doctors to get a second opinion but I'm sure it's nothing. If you need anything or any reassurance you can message me whenever xx
  • Posted

Hi Emily, how are you today do you still have all the same symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.