Sinus Infection?

Posted , 2 users are following.

About a month ago i started having sinus infection symptoms. i went to a walk in clinic and was prescribed a steroid pack and antibiotics. About halfway through my treatment i got Flu A. My sinus infection symptoms never really went away. It has been about 3 weeks since i finished my antibiotics. i have sinus pressure on the right side of my face under my eye but its only during the day between about 9am and 11am..the rest of the day im fine. also when i blow my nose it stinks really bad.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Josh, sorry to hear about your sinusitis.

In my experience, Sinus pain gets worse after waking up, Because sinus doesn't drain properly, and we feel pain in our sinuses.

which antibiotic you were prescribed? because amoxicillin doesn't work all the time.

The key is to keep sinuses draining, You can do nasal wash with neti pot with distilled water every morning, That will help your sinus drain and can prevent further infection.

You can also try another class of antibiotic. when you sleep, sleep on two pillows, so sinus can drain properly during sleep.

Eventually you will feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.