Sinus infection after bike accident

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello.

Hope you are well. I'm trying this out because I am currently in Southeast Asia, on an island, with limited access to healthcare. I recently had a motorbike accident in Vietnam, which resulted in a broken hand, a few stitches on my knee and a painful neck (which passed after a 5 days). 3 days after the accident I started having fever, I went to the hospital and they informed that I have a throat infection and puss could be seen in my sinuses. Started on antibiotics for 14 days, which I have just finished. However my sinuses still seem inflamed and my head is very painful whenever I make a move. I am not sure if this is normal or how can I improve my condition, given my location.

many thanks in advance for your advice.

kind regards.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had an infection that did not respond to 2 different antibiotics but the 3rd one worked. I can't remember the name as it was quite a long time ago and it was frustrating to have to try to find one that worked for the problem that I had. Good luck.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I always had problems with my sinuses, but they really improved in the past year. This time however they hit me over the night and it's the worst so far, every movement causes pain.

Hopefully will get better soon.

• Posted

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your quick recovery.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.