Sinus infection or something has been causing problem. Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

This started on Sunday. My sinuses started filling up with this thick mucus and they won't stop. Eventually the mucus ends up getting swallowed into my throat then jammed up in there. Now my throat feels like it might be swollen and I have trouble swallowing (weak swallowing) and the food kinda gets jammed up and takes forever to get to the stomach. If I eat too much food at once it makes it kinda hard to breathe. My mom thinks it might be a dairy sensitivity because she went through the same stuff and got rid of it by cutting out dairy. I also have the flu about two weeks ago. This hasn't happened before and I'm 15. Please help i haven't been eating much because of this.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like a sinus infection or irritation that's draining and partially blocking your esophagus. Or it's swollen from the infection, either way your mother needs to get you to a doctor right away. You can't mess around and wait anymore. Getting this taken care of early is very important. Please have a parent take you in as soon as possible!

?? Namaste

• Posted

They already took me in about 4 dad ago and said to just take some Mucinex and nasal spray but that stuff isn't really helping a whole lot

• Posted

If you're still feeling this bad to reach out for answers, I would suggest they take you back. Now just so you know, I'm just getting over a bad sinus cold. It's been 30 days today, and I'm still blowing through Kleenex with this "cold"! So because I'm still struggling with mine, you may have a ways to go. BUT, I still advise you to not let it go too far. What is a "cold" for me, could be a sinus infection and that needs antibiotics. Best of luck!

💖📿 Namaste

• Posted

Thanks for your help I'll let you know if things get better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.