Sinus infection ruined my life.

Posted , 7 users are following.

2 months ago I had a sinus infection. It scared the crap out of me. I didn't have the usual symptoms of nose dripping or a cough I just felt facial pressure, it's like my nose was constipated nothing came out lol felt a bit sick etc.. I never heard of it before. Went to walk in centre as was the weekend, she did the checks and hey sinus infection gave me some antis. I actually thought I was going blind at one point as my eye sight was all funny, went to docs, had an eye test, eyes all healthy so it was down to the infection. Not sure if it was Doxycline as a week after I had a mild UTI. But ever since my smell is absolutely fine but my sense of taste isn't the same anymore, it's like I can taste food but all of a sudden it will taste bland so hard to describe.

I think the antis have ruined my stomach as well as being stressed the last two months with other things I have been constantly feeling full after eating small meals, constipated as hell, bouts of nauseas, but if weight loss and this has all started when I had this infection.

And now this sinus infection has caused me massive health anxiety and ruined my life. I know it sounds dramatic but since it happened I haven't been the same.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same thing 3 months ago and it still did not go away completely. I refused an antibiotic though. I lost my sense of smell and taste for about  2 weeks. Yours might be fungus related now, after the antibiotic. Please, try probiotics and raw yougurt or milk if your state permits a sale of these. Or regular yougurts.  try manouvering-massage your cheeks around the eyes and nose to unblock them, or try warm-cold compresses. This is how I brought my senses back, I massaged-moved around my cheeks especially around the nose and eyes and made them drain. The sense of smel and taste came back then. You may experience anxiety as a side effect of the antibiotic as well. but   this will subside.  Thanks
  • Posted

I feel you! I have been sick going on six months. I just had balloon sinuplasty almost 3 weeks ago and I'm still in pain. It has made my anxiety ten times worse and, I've had different symptoms from anxiety. I've had a constant headache (like someone is stabbing me) for six months. Makes it really difficult to work. Especially when the Derealization starts. Hope you feel better. I'm going in for my 5 CT scan and possible and 2nd surgery

• Posted

Going through the same!! I was fine until mid october.

Since then ive had sinus infection - ear pain and now head pressure!!

The best thing you can do is to take care of yourself. Try not to stress. And have a good doctor who is aware of your symptoms and monitoring your progress.

You are not alone.

• Posted

I sympathize..I lost my career over my sinuses.  I wake up every day with sinus pain and can't think, and have swollen eyes.  I do have an autoimmune disorder.  I am currently seeing an ENT doctor, I think I have a  fungus issue.  I am allergic to mold also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.