Sinus issues, tooth pain, and diarrhea

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. About 6 days ago I went to the doctor for a cold and an ear infection. I was prescribed antibiotics for the infection. A few days later, my tooth and face started to hurt, which I assumed was from the sinus pressure. Some days the pain was unbearable. Fast forward a few days, I develop a stomach issue; nausea, severe stomach grumbling, diarrhea after anything I eat or drink. Similar to a stomach virus but I haven’t vomited. I tried taking Pepto for it, but it did nothing. I’m still experiencing the tooth pain but since I haven’t been able to eat anything, it hasn’t been as bad. I’ve finished my antibiotics. But the diarrhea, nausea, and grumbling have lasted a day and a half now. I’m starting to feel dehydrated. Do you think this could all be related? Or will the tooth pain fade when my sinuses improve more, and I just happened to get a stomach bug? I read that this type of thing might stem from a tooth abscess? What type of doctor should I see if it’s necessary; dentist, PCP, ER? 

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.