Sinus or allergies?

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the last couple of months I have been dealing with these annoying symptoms I just don't know what it is exactly:

Right nasal seems stuffy at different times of the day, a lump feeling on the right side of middle of throat (no neck swelling), mild fatigue, once in a while when I swallow feels like there is something stuck on the right side of my throat, and when I do a deep yawn the bottom of my throat feels like someone pinched me every so lightly, enough to be annoyed. 

I had a cold a month and a half ago, which ended with a sore throat, but after that I was fine but these symptoms remained. 

I am 41 and I am not allergic to anything as I know of, but our dog does sleep in our room, but I am not itchy when we play or when he licks my hands.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Andrew have you googled Sinusitis and Allergies? There is a typical way of assessing similarities and obvious symptoms. Think I found info on WebMd?

Sorry I can’t be of more help best wishes Lou

• Posted

Hey andrew there are whole lot of different things present the same way...So it is difficult to distinguish...Well allergy can affect both of your sites not just one and sinusitis can have right or left predominance...Being a sinusitis patient myself,My symptoms started after i had flu...You can always go to your GP and ask for the treatment as mild antihistamine can be used both in sinusitis and allergybiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.