Sinus or what

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past 10 days I’ve had a sinus infection, which is nothing new for me, also I think made worse by a flight which I had to take, had to come home! but having done all the self help the headache has gone, but my throat feels thick and when I swallow it feels like a ball in my throat, but also both my ears feel blocked & again when I swallow they crackle and pain on and off, I also feel maybe not dizzy but unbalanced (maybe the same?). Im hot then cold and I just wonder what I can do as i do not want to take antibiotics if at all possible.  And me being me I’ve made an appointment for tomorrow pm with Dr. I’m here thinking, what if I get unbalanced going in to waiting room or out it’s neatly putting me off going....  on a lighter note, I suppose there’s no better,place to do this as they would see first hand my symptoms - lol.  If only I would believe this. Any tips on blocked ears etc., very welcome T’u 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey jean...may be you already  have met your gp by the time u will receive this msg....I know how ow full to have repeated antibiotics....well i think you definitely has sinus problem ,with flight there is imbalance in the pressure between the ear and atmosphere which is corrected by Eustachian tube but with sinusitis we always feel imbalance between those...and so they present as these kind of symptoms...

well, one thing my ENT doctor has done is , which i found effective is..she gave me the mixture of  antibiotics, antifungals,mucolytics and steroids in powder form and advised me to use it in neti pot...so you can locally administer antibiotics without systemic side effects..I did it for 2 months twice a day in distilled water and i found it very helpful...also you can do steam inhalation and sleep with two pillows to ease the nasal draining...

Another thing which i found helpful is while I sleep i listen to binaural music for sinus healing and in the morning when I wake up i feel a lot of relief....hope this might helpbiggrin

• Posted

T’u for the great information.  Yes, been to Dr.  he did so many tests, my Eustachian tubes are badly blocked & yes, the flight made it worse, of course... I’ve tablets, sprays & nasal wash plus a note if I feel in a couple I’d days to get 10 days of amoxicillin & I SO do not want to take the dirty things, yes I love antibiotics- NOT. Lots of rest & lots of water.

on a lighter note, he did so many tests I was even more off balance coming out, but at least I staggered out of Doctors rather than the Pub!!  T’u again & cross your fingers that I don’t need antibiotics x

• Posted

I already crossed my fingers that you won't need antibioticswink but I am happy that they paid proper attention and did the tests...One basic thing about infection is, As you also see in nature too that any stagnant water breeds the disease while flowing river always stays relatively clean, same with our body, when secretions are accumulated and not drain properly, we get infection...so I think prevention is better than cure...We should try to drain our sinuses everyday irrespective of we feeling better...So we can save our body from unnecessary troublesbiggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.