Sinus problem

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone

My new symptom is a dull pain in my left cheek. Maybe sinus-related but it is hard to tell. I don't have a cold or running nose. I just feel this weired pain (not bad) around my upper jaw and eye socket.

I have read that hormones can cause sinus problems - any of you ladies had this?

• Troldepus

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i know so many women who have sinus problems inculding me that started during meno or post meno often accompanied by allergies etc and post nasal drip 🌻

• Posted

Good morning lovely. And yes mame. Mine started about 2 years ago and was one of my first symptoms. I have chronic sinuses now post nasal drip. And yes Ive had the cheek and eye pain as well and let me tell you its no fun. I think I was on antibiotics 3 times this year ugh not good for my ibs that started during perri lol. I also get stuffy itchy ears it is not pleasnt but yes just another symptom of perri. I use a saline wash for my nose it helps you could also try allergy meds if you can. It deff is a pain in the arse..

• Posted

Yes.. my doctor told me that it's very common to have allergies as we age.. She right because I've had a lot of sinus trouble-- mainly that dull headache and every now and then it does turn into a bigger one for a couple days. I use nose spray every day just in case-- post nasal drip. A few weeks ago my ears felt clogged. I think it's all related.

• Posted

Yes I can relate to this, cheek and eye socket pain, stuffy nose and ears, and slightly off balance, I went to the doctor with it a few months ago and was given an ear spray, it worked well and stopped the balance problem but it's coming back now so decided to just get used to it, I never associated it with the menopause but it makes sense, 10 years post meno and still getting symptoms.

• Posted

hi Annette I get those symptoms as well, especially stuffy nose and ears, occasionally nausea with it. If you don't mind, which ear spray did you use? Maybe I'll ask my doctor to write it for me. I feel I have the worst allergies since Peri started, my ears feel stuffy often. I use nasal spray and take Zyrtec but it only helps a little. take care.

• Posted

hi ampati

the spray is called otimize, it's got an antibiotic in it. My nostril on that side has felt stuffy for years, my ear is only stuffy when I lay on it at night, I have to massage my ear to clear it. I was prescribed the spray because my ear was a bit red inside even though I hadn't got any pain with it! I feel as if I have slight allergies but not sure what from, can't go anywhere without a tissue!! I hate the feeling of slight unbalance, though it is worse when I focus on it and strangely enough the faster I walk the better it is!! At age 63 I do wonder if I shall ever be rid of the hot flushes, but I stay positive and think and act young, trying to not be left behind haha 😃 You take care as well and let me know how you get on!

• Posted

ps

I too often wake up with a headache, I also get bouts of irritated eyes and have to use drops to sooth them, I reckon this started mildly in peri .

• Posted

thanks Annette, I really appreciate your help. I just turned 40 but my health feels lot worse than 40 with all the aches and pains thanks to peri. My allergies are worse 😣 since peri started.But nothing lasts forever is what I keep telling myself and continue fighting this peri battle. take care.

• Posted

I think I started peri at age 41 after the birth of my last child, I noticed that my periods had stopped being like clockwork, trouble is I was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition all at the same time so didn't put anything down to peri, blamed everything on my newly diagnosed condition and continued to do so up until a few months ago when I saw this forum and then realised that it was probably the menopause as well!! so yes allergies, anxiety and all the rest of it was probably the menopause, still living through it, my anxiety became worse at age 60, this is my worst symptom because I'm convinced that as I get older I am going to get every disease possible both physical and mental! I just tell myself that most of the women in my family have lived to good ages still with all their faculties in tact haha and even though I sound all doom and gloom , I'm not, I don't let it get me down and just live with it.

• Posted

yes I have those symptoms as well, especially right now it's been worse for last few days. I also get post nasal drip, stuffy nose and ears which comes with nausea sometimes. I also wake up with blocked ears, dull headache and pain around jaw and under my eyes. My allergies have been worse since Peri started, I guess hormones can mess you up in any and every way possible. take care.

• Posted

Hey fellow menopause friend...I am too suffering from the same thing..so don't feel like you are alone..just glad that I know that someone else has the same symptoms..I already have high anxiety and think every time i experience something it is really worse than it really is..lord take the wheel plz😥

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.