Sinus problems, anxiety, a mix of both.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, I am just looking for some opinions on some things! I have had the following symptoms, constantly, for weeks now: 

-sinus pain between eyes and top of nose

-pain behind eyes

-very dry nostrils

-forehead pain and tightness

-headaches

-lack of balance, very wonky but not spinning

-can't focus my eyes on things

-vague feeling

-whooshing and crackling sounds in both ears, throbbing sound when bend forwards

-anxiety 

-panic attacks

-feeling like i am going to faint

and many more..

I went to my doctor and they prescribed me with pseudoephedrine (which by the way I think gave me horrible side effects so only had it for about 3 days) and amoxicillin for a sinus infection, I had the amoxicillin for 5 days which is what they prescribed, and I felt no relief. One afternoon I had a panic attack that sent me to the ER, the doctor there prescribed me a steroid nasal spray, which i have had now for 4 days and i still feel the same. I am constantly wonky, and my eyes constanly hurt and I cannot focus my eyes on anything, which gets very frustrating. I am going to a pshycologist this week also for relaxation strategies for my anxiety as I know I work myself up wondering what is wrong with me... I have an MRI booked in for November, so hopefully that will shine some light on the sinus problem.. but for now I am wondering if anyone has been through the same thing and found that it was something else? Any thoughts and opinions are very much appreciated.

I have been looking into all of these.. different types of sinusitis, Labyrinthitis & Vestibular Neuritis, and Sternocleidomastoid muscle, very interesting!

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies. biggrin

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello I haver had what you have for around 3months it started after I had an infection which effected my lungs. I also have anxiety health anxiety too so this has made me feel worse. I have bloods which have been raised and have been told it could be many different things osme quite scary. I have been too docs again today who has said its inflammed chronic sinus problems and has given me a nose spray and tablets to take at night. xx
  • Posted

Hey!!!! Hope your feeling better. Did any of the treatments you had work???? I've had all these symptoms for nearly a year.

TIA.

L

• Posted

Mine lasted the first time for 5 months. I paid for a physio for vestibular rehabilitation therapy, which worked really well. But now every time I'm run down, have a cold etc. It comes back. Not as bad, but it's there!!!!

• Posted

Thanks for the replies everyone smile unfortunately i still have no idea what it is.... i have an MRI on tuesday, so hopefully that shows something that the doctors can diagnose.. @ChelseaLouise33 I had a nose spray and tablets for my sinuses too and it didnt seem to work, just gave me really bad headaches! It makes my anxiety so much worse too. I hope you are all feeling better xx 

• Posted

i KNOW HORRIBLE NOT KNOWING ISN'T IT i AM FEELING BIT BETTER BUT STILL THE SAME SO WILL BE GOING BACK TO DOCTORS AS TABLETS AND SPRAY IS NOT WORKING AND JUST MAKES ME FEEL DIZZY AND WEIRD LOL HOPE YOUR mri GOES OKAY smile X

• Posted

Thanks very much , just waiting for the results to get to my doctor now. How did you go did you get anything different to try? Some of those tablets they give for sinuses make panic attacks even worse than they normally are! X
    • Posted

Hi

My face tingles especially lips with sinusitis is this a symptom also eyes are heavy hard to keep open?

Do you have this problem ?

• Posted

Hi Julie,

Not really the face and lip tingling, I constantly have that eye pain, heavy and hard to keep open. However I am not sure if they are symptoms of sinusitis.. hope you are feeling better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.