Sinus problems + Tinnitus anyone else got the same?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi folks,

Since Dec 26th 2017 I got some kind of virus/Sinus infection which also caused bad Tinnitus. My nose seems mainly dry with some snot on occasion. I have a very weird feeling at the top/back of my skull which feels as if there is something going on in there (feels like mucus)

I have/had all the common symptoms of face pain, eye pain, swelling nose etc.

Trying to get to the root cause is a real problem.

As you can imagine dealing with Sinusitis and Tinnitus is exteremely hard to say the least. Its causing depression, Anxiety and loads of worry. I have lost the will to live.

I have seen one ENT who was not that interested, so I have booked to see a different ENT at another hospital.

What annoys me is that they dont seem to do any diagnostics to see what is "actually" going on in there. No allergy test, no mucus tests etc.

I feel I need a comprehensive plan to tackle this problem.

I simply can not go on like this, as life is miserable.

Peace to all.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Did they start at the same time then?  From the virus?  Have you been given any meds for it?  Sounds like an allergy test might have helped as there might be some type of food that's making it so bad.  I'm not sure about the tinnitus but I would definitely start taking Evening primrose oil, 1000mg capsule a day, for the sinus problems.  It just helps all your cells along, it won't harm you and may just get things in a bit better condition as obviously something is wrong somewhere.

Hopefully your new ENT will be more interested and check out what this feeling is at the back or your skull - I can't believe the other one wasn't interested!  It certainly doesn't sound all right.

Sorry not to be more help but hopefully someone will be along soon who has more of an idea. 

• Posted

Thank you kindly. Yes i have started taking evening primrose oil, I will see how that goes. I hope this new ENT takes notice.

Thanks.

• Posted

Glad you are seeking another ENT maybe get a culture done that will tell what you have and what med to take, Tinnitus , applying heat or cold will help that, if you can take something for inflammation that will help that until you get to the Doctor, good luck to you.
    • Posted

Thank you kindly Shelia. I hope this new ENT is better than the last. Many thanks.

• Posted

I am no doctor but I  have suffered with sinsus issues for about five years. I have read that allergies especially food allergies can cause a multitude of different symptoms. just remember that the nose, throat and ears r all connected. this is a very frustrating ailment and doctors r really not up to date on this sinuisitis issue they will pretty much just prescribe u medicine on top of medicine, r they will blow u off as if nothing is wrong with. maybe even suggest surgey. I have not found anything that has given me long term relief and I have tried everything. I know this did not help but i am just letting u know u r not alone. 
    • Posted

Thank you for the information Deemac. Yes I am also thinking about allergies. I have never had an allergy before, so I am thinking perhaps my immune systems has been low and therefore I am now able to get an allergy. As you say its all related.

I wish you well with your sinus problems, and I hope we both get some much needed proper help.

All the best.

Chimp.

• Posted

I understand the confusion I did not get such response to the allergen until  late in life,  I was 47. so u can see how for years  I had no idea what was going on with my body. especially when ur body is over active to said allergens. it can really screw with ur day to day living. especially when allergens r sometimes not seen and once ur body encounters it a cascade of events can start to occur.  yes wishing u the best also. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.