Sinus problems with anxiety

Posted , 17 users are following.

Does anyone else get sinus problems with their anxiety and mucus?? Like a runny nose and feels like mucus in my throat, anyone else get it

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi Rachel, sinus problems can  due to infections or its just anxiety! if your docotor said its not infection then probably its just anxiety !! if you r not sure and this bothering u alot check second opinion if you can ! but sinus problems its common too with anxiety ! i read that anxiety has 100 symptoms but i think it has 1 milion symptom :p

take care smile

• Posted

I to have this problem funny nose sometimes then congested mild ear ache lots of mucus in throat but im also getting neck and shoulder pain and head ache.
  • Posted

I have same problems thought it was due to medication   pregabalin, I also have sneezing and slight nose bleed which can last up to 30 mins plus , def not have cold.  rosie. xx
  • Posted

Yes, I too have sinus problems, and since being on Venlaflaxin it's worse.

Im sure I read somewhere that some meds for anxiety can cause sinus probs.

not nice is it x

• Posted

No but my sinus problems have made my anxiety worse - if that makes sense! So I suspect it can work the other way round
    • Posted

Yes Ive thought of that too. It may be working in reverse. Anxiety = Sinus and Sinus =Anxiety. I wondered if you get headaches also?
  • Posted

I get adrenalin, shaking and strange sensation in my head just behind the forehead sinus. Always the same place. Had this 10 years ago. Did a surgery thinki ts called FESS. Got well and the strange anxiety went away. Im 100% certain that there is a connection between a diffrent strange anxiety and my Sinus issues. Sorry for poor english. Im swedish and in a hurrysmile

• Posted

Yes, in fact; I'm having that happen right now. I get easily anxious at night and evening hours, and it's pretty awful. My sinuses have been bad for the longest time; since I was in elementary school, and I've noticed now that my anxiety causes this to be MUCH WORSE. I also get tightness in my throat, chest, and also get bloodshot eyes. I don't know if any of that applies to you, but know that in feeling your sinuses inflame when you're anxious that you're not alone in feeling that way; because I feel it all the time. It's annoying AND PAINFUL; but...it does happen.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.