Sinus rinse

Posted , 7 users are following.

does anyone use sinus rinses Ive used one for 5 days once daily and now mucas is bright green!! Not sure if it's from this prior to using it it was clear or yellow..any help would be appretiated

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Denise,  I'm very famiilar with the sinus rinsing.  Wish I could get away from it.  My ENT recommends I use it 3 times a day, but that hasn't helped much.  I get log jambs from deep down in the nasal passages and to remove them I need to use the rinse metod.  When a jamb breaks it includes the bright green mucus that you describe.  You might try rinsing a couple of times a day to see if it will stop.  If not, I would recommend you contact your physician.

• Posted

I am also a everyday user of the neti pot not that it give long term relief. But if I miss the mucous build up is even worst. So it is a must
    • Posted

hi john what are log jambs? seen my doctor yesterday and has prescribed a steroid nasal spray, and just had a slight nose bleed! but ive also blown my nose hell of a lot today so not sure whats caused it, so dont know weather to give nasal rinse a miss!
    • Posted

Denise,   "Log Jambs" are what I call mucous that  accumulates far down in my nasal passages andbecome ultra large "boogers".....(I'm sorry, but I can't think of anything else to call them).  Normal blowing of my nose doesn't release them.  The only way I've been able to remove them is by rinsing.  When my sinuses are draining to a great extent I find some relief by using Benadryll or other anti-histamins. 

• Posted

bright green is infection...either you have caused one or you have broken one up.

Yellow is inection, green is more advanced infection.

Urgent care, now

• Posted

Denise, i have been using the neti pot for over 3 years now, sometimes when i know there is a attack coming on i use it about 4 times untill i get the mucas to loosen, i rarely can blow my nose it comes down the back of my throat, it is all allergies the doctor told me the green is a sign that it is getting bad but keep useing the neti pot,i am waiting on another operation but i am trying to get a allergy test as well, 
    • Posted

Another operation what happen with the first operation
    • Posted

The first operation was for deviated septum, it was suppose to help mucas drainage, they say that was a sucess, but it did not help this nasel drip infact it has got worse, they are going to do another operation now to clear out the allergies, i  am waiting on a call up but i hope it is soon the consultant said its like asthma in the nose.
    • Posted

Keep me up to date because I have stayed away from surgery at this time I have not heard goodstories in regard to success rate.
    • Posted

My driange is the worst upon waking whether it is in the morning r after a.nap cause watery eyes, head pressure and nasal drip

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.