SINUS SUGGESTIONS

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a few weeks I have been congested and tried decongestant tablets and Olbas Oils' to clear, but it has not worked. I can feel the tightness at the back of my eyes/nose and I am unable to clear it.

Any ideas?

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Another good purchase, for catarrh and stuffy nose, are Potters Catarrh Pastels. They are a very old remedy, there in a red box 45g about £2.30 also, there is another box with 20 pastels in a blister pack, rather dear. Ocado do them I get them delivered by them for £2.30 by them. Menthol, Pumillo oil, eucalyptus, Thymol, Marshmalow root liquid extract, Carmoisine (E22) Beeswax. Other fillers though. 

Maureen

• Posted

I have tried both of those pastel products, with no affect. But will try previous suggestions.
    • Posted

I will check out these products...thanks.
    • Posted

Have you tried holding one side of your nostrils at a time and breathing the eucalyptus oul in steaming water yet?

And the turmeric capsules are sold as an herb/spice through different natural stores for their high amounts of antinflamitory effects.

Just because it is natural doesn't mean it doesn't work.

like I said it will take time and you will need to take them and breath the eucalyptus daily.

• Posted

The pastels are used mostly for broncioles that's probably why it didn't work for your sinuses.
    • Posted

As I said I can't have anti inflammatory medication
    • Posted

I will give the pastels a try...thxs
    • Posted

This is not a medication.

I can't take steroids either, but termeric is a natural spice.

• Posted

But it is the anti-inflammatory side as I can not have any anything with anti inflammatory as I am on medication that clash with it.
  • Posted

I'm using a Foster inhaler and a Flusticason nose spray. Both contain corticosteroids so I am a bit wary. My doc.says that the amount is so small it can't cause problems. Anyone else using nosesprays and inhalers? I am fed up of being so tired

take care

Sx

• Posted

Ok I understand.

I found some really good information on the Foster inhaler and you can look up the other one too if you go to drugs dot com.

but here is some of what you will read.

You should not take if

■ if you have any heart problems, such as angina (heart pain, pain in the chest), a recent 

heart attack (myocardial infarction), heart failure, narrowing of the arteries around your 

heart (coronary heart disease), valvular heart disease or any other known abnormalities 

of your heart or if you have a condition known as hypertrophic obstructive 

cardiomyopathy (also known as HOCM, a condition where the heart muscle is 

abnormal). 

■ if you have a narrowing of the arteries (also known as arteriosclerosis), if you have high 

blood pressure or if you know that you have an aneurysm (an abnormal bulging of the 

blood vessel wall). 

■ if you have disorders of your heart rhythm such as increased or irregular heart rate, a 

fast pulse rate or palpitations or if you have been told that your heart trace is abnormal. 

■ if you have an overactive thyroid gland. 

■ if you have low blood levels of potassium. 

■ if you have any disease of your liver or kidneys. 

■ if you have diabetes (if you inhale high doses of formoterol your blood glucose may 

increase and therefore you may need to have some additional blood tests to check your 

blood sugar when you start using this inhaler and from time to time during treatment). 

■ if you have a tumour of the adrenal gland (known as phaeochromocytoma). 

■ if you are due to have an anaesthetic. Depending on the type of anaesthetic, it may be 

necessary to stop taking Fostair at least 12 hours before the anaesthesia

■ if you are being, or have ever been, treated for tuberculosis (TB) or if you have a known 

viral or fungal infection of your chest. 

■ if you must avoid alcohol for any reason. 

If you use more Fostair than you should: ■ inflammation of the ear 

■ Taking more formoterol than you should can have the following effects: feeling sick, being sick, 

heart racing, palpitations, disturbances of heart rhythm, certain changes in the 

electrocardiogram (heart trace), headache, trembling, feeling sleepy, too much acid in the 

blood, low blood potassium levels, high levels of glucose in the blood. Your doctor may wish to 

carry out some blood tests to check your blood potassium and blood glucose levels. 

■ Taking too much beclometasone dipropionate can lead to short term problems with your 

adrenal glands. This will get better within a few days however, your doctor may need to 

carry out some blood tests to check your serum cortisol levels. 

After you read this I think that you are probably taking to much with the two together.

Presciptions don't make you well they mask your symptoms and give temporary relief until it affects your body in another way to cause even more problems.

I hate to say it but most doctors are not your friends they are a type of drug dipensary.

If you want to get well try going natural.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback SWx.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.