Sinus surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

I want to know of someone  that had a sinus surgery and that the sinus was cured and for how long is cured still is? Or does it come back again after surgery I may need to get it done but if it will come back later on what’s the point i got a chronic sinus from my allergies and my non allergic rihinitis  sad

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ana,

I would look into Balloon Sinuplasty. This is a better form of Sinus modification, and doesnt require any cutting of the sinus walls. People who have had it done say its made a huge difference.

Good luck.

• Posted

Do u mean rurbinate reduction? Or both turbinate reduction and septoplasty?

I had turbinate refuction and i was good for like three months, but then they started to enlarge again.  They re back to being 75 percent enlarged again now one and a half years later.  

So for me it didn t solve my problem.  I have non allergic chronic rhinitis. 

Katharine

• Posted

Not turbinate reduction Katharine. Balloon sinuplasty is a new procedure, it expands the walls of the Sinus cavitys using a balloon. Its painless, and people can go home on the same day.

Cheers.

• Posted

I m not sure of what my doctor said but he said I may need a surgery for chronic sinus sad I don’t want to get it done scared on top of that that no going to cure it I also have non allergies chronic  rihinitis rolleyes the cause of that rihinitis was my anxiety  but I also deal with dogs ,dust ,mold, coachoraches. Allergies I may need shots every month something I m scared of too cause that will be for 3 years every month shot for the allergies and surgery for sinus with all I have anxiety and depression don’t know how to handle all this stress I m only 24 years old female sad
    • Posted

Hi Anna, yes the surgery is not a pleasant one and the allergy shots are a big commitment in terms of both money and time however I tried both out of my desperation though the results in both cases were limited. The following measures could probably offer some help:

1. Do nasal wash regularly

2. Drink plenty of warm water

3. Quit diary and diary products completely-user alternatives sources of calcium

4. Take some vitamin c+zinc+magnesium-I take 1000 mg of vitamin c daily-check with your doctor about the correct dose, my doctor asked me to take 1000 mg

5. For smokers, quit smoking completely

6. Have an allergy test done to detect the allergens and avoid them as much as possible

7. Keep the home dust free-use a good quality hepa air purifier at home-I am using blue air, it is a good one

8. Use a natural nasal spray-the good thing about the natural one is that you could use it for long-I recently bought xclear nasal spray and it seems to be working well for congestion.

I am sure all of these measures would be of great helps for anybody who is suffering from respiratory problems triggered by allergies.

Wishing you good health!

• Posted

Ana,

Plase conside Balloon Sinuplasty. Its much safer than other methods, and it can be done in a day, and you go home on the same day. Turbinate reduction has the risk of a thing called ENS (Empty nose syndromed). This is where you feel like you are not breathing.

All the best.

• Posted

Yes I had all the test done for allergies  they found out dust dogs cockroaches  mold and non allergies rihinitis I don’t smoke or drink thank you wink
  • Posted

Hi Ana

As you are a chronic allergy sufferer, you will get great benefit from Evening Primrose Oil. I suffered constantly from hayfever, rhinitis and sinusitis for 65 years until I discovered this miracle product.

It works by desensitising the nervous system, so that the body does not react to normal irritants. It takes about 4 hours to work, and it is effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000 mg capsule daily is normally adequate. It is not a drug, so it has no adverse side affects and does not affect mental ability in any way.

Read my Post “ Sinus Infection-An Effective Treatment,” for full details.

Try it, you have nothing to lose, and it may be a miracle cure for you also.

Kind Regards, Ray.

• Posted

I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery with a temporary improvement in my condition. It could definitely not alleviate my respiratory conditions possibly because my respiratory infections are triggered by my underlying allergic condition. The only notable improvement was that I am able do the nasal wash properly post the surgery compared to before.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.