Sinus tachycardia and possibly lyme

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was at the doctors and he said my heart rate was fast so he checked it again and again and it kept getting fast up to 150bpm. So he called an ambulance and I got admitted to the hospital and they gave me iv fluids and anxiety medication, neither worked. And a whole lot of tests were done, all normal. They said rhythm and everything looked good except my heart rate was 150 bpm then lowered to 130bpm, even that high sleeping. So they put me on a monitor and beta blockers. I have since felt more symptoms like fatigue, eye problems, blood pressure spikes, headaches, numbness in feet and hands, chest/ rib pains, ect. And before the hospital I would get joint pain, flushed cheeks, discolored cold hand and feet, and headachesI after being in the heat.

Now a nutritionist/ naturopathic thinks Lyme or co infection. Any thoughts on other tests I should get? 

Thanks and God bless. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh my goodness I’m having the same symptoms! For a week now my heart rate is over 100, shortness of breath, tingling numbing at fingertips face. All my tests are negative even Lyme test but I think it must be false. Also my right leg joint been achy for 3 months. All I got so far is anxiety medicine that doesn’t keep the heart rate down. How long has it been going on for you? 
    • Posted

I’ve noticed a few symptoms for a long time, a few years maybe, and didn’t really think much about them. The discolored hands, joint pain that was much worse last year, and slightly higher heart rate. But since January 2018 is when the tachycardia started and then the other symptoms after. K51095 said it could also be cirs so you should look into that as well. 
  • Posted

These do sound like Lyme symptoms or CIRS symptoms which are exactly the same symptoms. I would have them test you for Lyme but keep in mind the test is not 100%. Western Blot usually I believe. With CIRS you would need a HLA-DR which checks to see if you have the gene, also they check with a nasal swab for MARCONS which are pretty much an antibiotic resistant staph infection in your nose. If you have the gene they would check many other things including Cortisol, MMP9, ADH, VEG-f, etc.All of your symptoms do match both of these conditions and Lyme can cause CIRS. I would start with the Lyme test as doctors are more familiar with that one. Hope this helps.
    • Posted

Thanks, that was super helpful. I got an antibodies test for Lyme which was negative but a holistic doctor is having the westernblot done and maybe a very sensitive one that also tests co infections too. But I will mention cirs to get that testsed too. 
  • Posted

Hi Sstephen

My daughter has lyme and co infection of lyme.  Her heart rate is low.  She has a complete heart block/bradycardia.  I started her on herbs. The rate is starting to go up. Used the protocol from Steve Buhner Healing Lyme Book. 

• Posted

Praying for her recovery. Lyme does some weird stuff and it seems like it can cause any symptom, but I think the slower heart rate is more common. Good idea on the herbs vs the prescription drugs. I’ll look into Steve Buchner. Thank you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.