Sinus Tachycardia, Need some Reassurance

Posted , 3 users are following.

This has been bothering me for three months now. I'm 18, never smoked, taken drugs, or alcohol. I'm inactive, but otherwise healthy. So, one night, my heart began to beat at 130 bpm and I had to go to the toilet many times throughout the night. The next day it was down to 100 bpm and then the day after that to 90 bpm and that's where it has been for the last three months pretty much.

It lasts all day, only when I go to sleep it's 60 bpm, and every test came back good, ECGs, ultra sound, x-ray, blood test... except that on the blood test it showed I had Free T4 of 26 when the range is 11-24, so my cardiologist suggested the heart racing was caused by my hyperthyroid which would also explain why I had to go to the toilet often, as it's increased metabolism.

But I'm an anxiety person so I worry about heart attacks and so on could anyone tell me what they know about this and what my chances are of having a heart attack because of this I'm kinda worried but I guess for no reason?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi are you being treated with meds for this illness and if so for long
    • Posted

What is probably wrong is that you have an overactive thyroid. This needs to be corrected as it can lead to other problems as well ie with the eyes. Atrial fibrillation and tachy can be caused by having too much thyroid hormone either naturally or because one is taking too much thyroid medication. You need to see an endocrinologist to find out what is making your thyroid overactive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.