Sinus tachycardia problem.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have sinus tachycardia since Aug 2016 but since going on Bisoprolol 1.25 l have felt awful. Am having early morning wake ups with my heart beating so fast it scares me. Just last night, well early morning really,it was going at 160 the fastest it'd been ever. I am tapering off the Bisoprolol and have been since about Jan this year,a very slow process but l understand it can't be rushed. Am also on bp medication, Lostarten. Anyone any ideas or input to why I am feeling so bad? Have low moods,always jittery and stuffed nose etc. Thanks for any feedback.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you have a tachycardia in morning always while on Bisoprolol?

Or only since you start to lowering the dose?

If you started to have it now when you are lowering the dose, then it is mostly likely a withdrawal.

A fast heart rate is the most common symptom of Beta Blockers withdrawal.

I had to wean off twice, I didn't make it in the first attempt.

In the 2nd attempt I had to wean off for around 8-9 Months and it was still painful, with an elevated heart rate, let's say 90-100 while resting almost daily.

I am fine now with 16 Months off drugs, my resting HR is around 70.

But in some people, it takes Months.

• Posted

Hi Bob

I've only had the sinus tachycardia in the morning since weaning off the Bisoprolol yes.

Makes sense then if you think it's due to my cutting back on the betta blocker but it's so worrying when it happens. Been weaning since around 3 months so far and don't seem to be getting any further forward. It took you 2 goes and many months as you said so l guess I'll have to be more patient and carry on. Am now trying to take the half tablet as late as 8pm in the hope it will see me through until at least 6am following morning,with no panics. Thank you for telling me your expirience.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.