Sinus vs tooth problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have an upper tooth (1st premolar I believe) that is very tender to touch. It pulsates and throbs. I had a root canal on it years ago. I went to endodentist. He xrayed it and said tooth was perfectly fine, but did say it was near my sinus cavity and maybe my sinuses were inflamed causing the tooth pain. Has anyone ever had sinus problems that caused one specific tooth to be sore?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had to have some strong antibiotics, as I had I had left side sinusitis. The top left upper molars all felt numb, doctor said the nerves of my teeth were so near the sinuses that infection was responsible for numbness of teeth. 
    • Posted

how much antibotic is considered a strong dose.  I have done 9 days worth I still have not had consistent release from my sinsusitis 
  • Posted

Well, I knew that it could cause those general teeth to be sensitive, but just ONE tooth? It seems odd to me. Although when I tap on those teeth, the one next to the one that is pulsating is also tender. He just prescribed me 500mg or Amoxicillin 4 times daily. Hoping that does the trick.
  • Posted

Yes, sinus's can be the  cause. try steam to help the sinus's drain, washout with saline helps, taking something for inflammation like Aleve, Mucinex d.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.