Sinusitis??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. Please read through. Thank you so much

So I got flu-like symptoms in January. Cough. Fever. Diarrhea. All of the above.

As I was getting over it, I developed slight vertigo.

For the next three weeks, the vertigo would come and go. Some days hardly noticeable (although I was starting to get tired quickly...odd).

In February however, I eventually developed ear pressure! Like crackling and air feeling trapped. Also, I started to get facial tension. Sunburnt feeling on cheek.

A week passes by and that’s when my vertigo came back stronger! Especially out of my right eye. I felt drunk, swaying from a boat.

It caused me to feel lightheaded. I go to urgent care. Doctor says it’s a migraine...no way does it feel like a migraine.

A few days pass.

The vertigo is starting to diminish! Hooray...except not.

The vertigo has now turned into heavy heavy head pressure. Like swollen feeling. Like an orange being squeezed or a balloon filled with air. Not sharp pains, but pain when being squeezed. This also got me lightheaded.

I go to see my PCP. He thinks it’s a middle/inner ear infection.

I get prescribed nasal spray, 500 mg Amoxicillin, antihistamines, Meclizine (left me paranoid), ear drops and Ibropufen.

Use it for a week or so. Doesn’t work.

Instead, I get more symptoms.

Burning burning feet. Trigger finger. Cold hands in the morning especially my right hand. Gimpy legs. Burning sensations in chest and back!

There seems to be some nerve/neuropathy taking place here but why?

I then take a comprehensive blood panel. Everything turns out normal. I’m stumped.

Eventually, the neuropathy gets worse. I’m feeling aches and pains, burning sensations everywhere. My chest has dull aches on my right chest. My heart is loud! Random palpitations. Increase of blood pressure at various times.

It feels like my blood doesn’t know where or when to flow. I’m malfunctioning.

Lastly, I developed digestive issues. Like I can barely eat now without feeling full, including water. My body is bloated and it takes forever to digest my food. That’s the last symptom I developed.

Altogether 2 and a half months of crap, just from getting flu-like symptoms in January.

Now, I am scheduled for a CT scan of my head in two weeks. Doctor just wants to do his due diligence.

That being said, I spoke to another trusted doctor, and he mentions that this could be a bad case of Sinusitis sprinkled in with anxiety and stress levels causing neurological symptoms. He said that Amoxicillin on its own is not good enough at times. It needs to be stronger. Also a few days course of Prednisone for any inflammation.

On top of that my stress and anxiety, has created a whirlpool of damage to my body. But controlling the head pressure and ear pressure is the first step for all the other nerves.

What do you guys think?

I was healthy leading up to the new year, going to the gym 4 times a week. Now I’m ill.

5’7

29 years old

Male

173 lbs

Any advice would be amazing!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

So may be other explanations but I will throw this your way to start asking questions and ask for referrals that may help. I had all of your symptoms yes. I have an auto immune disorder and it took such a long time to be diagnosed. Simple problem is there are no absolute blood tests out there to confirm what might be going on.

I would definitely want to look at the levels of esr Crp and ana as they are all tests which may give a clue as to what could be underlying. I was diagnosed by an immunologist after seeing many doctors including ent gastroenterology neurology and rheumatology. Rheumatology were most useful and referred me on to an immunologist when they couldn't diagnose but recognised I had an underlying condition. Diagnosis didn't come til I was in my 40s.

• Posted

may i ask how you alleviated your pain in the meantime?

also what autoimmune disorder did you have?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.