Sinusitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have undergone 2 surgeries am 28 years old , and sufferinf from this problems ffrom last 6 years, everytime i undergo sinus surgeries it reoccurs within month with enlarged dangerous results, i am fedup of it, tried everything from pranayam to dietry changes. Now if polyps have grown up again what should i do to remove them naturally is it possible to do it?

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

I sometimes wonder if sinus problems are taken seriously or enough is known about them. I keep reading posts from people who have had every medication that has not helped or surgery that has also made no difference. Some of the posts are upsetting, especially from decent, sensible people who have tried and tried and yet still have no relief. With no medical insurance, I have had to pay for help. The ENT consultant told me that I had "slight inflammation". Second visit, same answer. CT scan was very expensive but, apparently, showed nothing. I either have a painful throbbing nose and cheeks with sticky eyes or my nose is freezing cold. Like many others, I have read all the information that I can find to help but no relief so far. This has been going on for over a year. It does eventually start to take control of your life which is very disheartening for people who have always been happy and upbeat. At least with this wonderful site we can discuss our problems with fellow sufferers. So thankful for that
  • Posted

Get a second opinion from another ENT I've had 2 surgeries and a month later post Nasal drip starting all over again .
    • Posted

The consultant I saw is moving to Australia in the near future. As they all practice privately at the same place I doubt that one of the other consultants would have seen me. Hopefully I can persue this with another consultant very soon. Thanks for your advice, but I feel that I don't have much hope of help or an answer to the problem. All we can do is keep trying!! Bless you and best wishes to you.
    • Posted

One thing I wanted to ask was, does anyone get the freezing cold nose?? It is absolutely bitter cold and very uncomfortable. When I mentioned to a consultant, he laughed. I assume that he thought I was joking and he wasn't interested. I would be so grateful for any help or advice.
  • Posted

Has anyone had divated septum surgery I have a bone spur and blockage in my nostrils which keep my nose stopped up and they want to do surgery just would like to know if it works before I consider it
    • Posted

I had my relative done this type of surgery and post that he is fine , it does not reccur and you will be fine later . It works.

• Posted

nettie pot sqirt of no more tears baby shampoo, four drops of grapefruit seed extract, boiled war, warm to the touch. this is what i use, it helps alot. Dena smile
    • Posted

How this shampoo is useful in neti pot , i have heard of salt but not shampoo.?
  • Posted

Hi all smile

My heart goes out to all the forum members, fellow sinus sufferes. I have been a chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps sufferer since around 1993. I got very bad complications from it the last few years (brain edema, infection/inflammtion which almost killed me, and neurological sequelae due to the brain inflammation). Last years for me have been basically bed ridden, everyday seemed I should say goodbye to everyone, I was dying. I prayed that God would take me home, but I also prayed for some relief if my time to go wasn't still coming. I prayed like that because every single minute I was in horrible state of suffering, no one helped me, no one could even if they wanted to. As most forum people here say, medical treatment of chronic sinusitis is absolutely poor, specially for those of us at the end of the inflammation spectrum. I also believe surgeries basically don't adress the real issue, and as the OP said, things usually return and worse, not to mention the potential complications.

All I wanted to say is, due to extreme sinus, neurological, circulatory, digestive, pain, you name it, symptoms I was motivated to start doing the research myself, no more waiting on some doctor out there to thoroughly understand the situation, because "that" doctor wouldn't come. At least for me. Also motivated by my visits to doctors and their telling me my blood tests are good. Doesn't make any sense, to be honest with you. My whole system was broken. So, I've already spent around 2 yrs doing research, and I almost break down in tears by saying that God has blessed me with encountering explanations to my problem, and I've gotten not only relief, but the condition is reversing or healing, I don't know how to call it. That's much more than I even asked for. I don't have medical training, but at least I have a science background so I was able to little by little search through hundreds perhaps thousands of scientific journals to get a grasp of the illness. How did I even do that? It was out of pure desperation. It is a systemic issue. So, if I get to keep healing, and improving my neurological issue, I would love to share with you guys in the future about my discoveries, my observations, point you to scientific articles and such, and I'll try to do that in an understandable way. Of course not meant as medical advice, only sharing the scientific explanations that led me to apply very specific things to address those.

I just wanted to give you some hope, this is not one bit easy. But I can happily announce that my sinus condition (I had most sinuses involved, very destroyed) and my quality of life have improved around 70%. It's steady improvement. I'm so grateful. I hope you get to find some relief too.

Even being able to write this very message is just incredible... God bless you all.

Extra note: I highly recommend reading the book "Hypothyroidsm: The Unsuspected Illness" by the late Dr. Broda Barnes, PhD. It is an eye opener on chronic inflammatory, infectious conditions. There's a chapter on infectious diseases. Just as a start (That's exactly where my truly useful research started). And God willing, in the future I'll recommend the articles from scientific journals that helped me make a lot sense of the chronic sinus rhinitis polyps condition.

Sincerely,

SweetBee

• Posted

thank you. The so called ENT doctor nearly killed me wth antibotics and seriods. I came up with my own solution in a nettie pot which helps a lot
    • Posted

Neilmed rinse twice daily for last 3 years but still have post nasal drip to this day and muccus thickening comes back 😡 That's after 2 sinus surgeries one in 2013 and one in 2014 Can't win worse of all one and off fatigue as well.
    • Posted

What do you add in neti pot water except salt.I think  Change in food patterns we eat helps alot, someone suggested me of taking vitamin supplements, do anybody know about it.?
    • Posted

I'm already taking good quality b vitamins, magnesium powder supplement and now starting to take evening primrose oil.
    • Posted

I typed "Gerd causing breathing problems" on Google and I was amazed at how many of my symptoms came up. Sinus problems was one of many, so well worth a look. I am reviewing my diet and giving vitamin supplements a try.
    • Posted

Just relief but post nasal drip occasional shortness of breath as asthmatic as well as one and off fatigue and tiredness still continues to give me grief after 2 sinus surgeries .hopefully the new ENT I'm seeing tomorrow will be able to help.
    • Posted

Hi Sweetbee,

Thank you for your message. I have the same ENT issues since 7 years ago. The most annoying part is when polyps block the nostrils,runny nose and reccuring infections.I was under consultant investigation for 3 years, attending clinics every 6 months.All he could say the polps are small to be operated on. I was discharged from his clinic 2 years ago,encouraged to use nasal spray which does not work. He confirmed ,I can not have operation as they will come back in fibrous. I have explained that the polyps swell(inflamation) alot and cause blockage especially when the weather is cold and whwn there is change in temperature;from indoors to out doors.Ofcourse am on nasal drops which seem not to help at all. I am in the same boat with all those suffering from chronic sinus rhinitis polyps condition ,with a feeling that no research has been put into this condition to enable clinicians to understand what we are going through on daily basis. Thank you for sharing your experience. Thanks for the book recommendation. I hope one day there willbe abreak through.

• Posted

Dear glad56917 thanks to you and the other members for your kind words.

Of course you're not alone, and I hope you get a good understanding of your issue and act upon that to get some relief.

In my opinion and from my research reading, polyps operation is not worth it. Polyps grow back in most people, and the risk of fibrosis is very real. People can end up with worse situation from the fibrosis initiated by the trauma surgery.

I've read that before the 80s, sinusitis wasn't too much of a big deal, and doctors didn't diagnose sinusitis very often. Then the 80s hit and the rhinosinusitis epidemic with it. This points to environmental and nutritional causes, impacting endocrine and immune system.

Most doctors are very clueless to the systemic implications of this disease, I'm sad to say. I follow mainly research by biologists and biochemists,or MDs well versed in biochemistry/biology, and that way, I've made improvement, so so much, thank God. I got to the dangerous consequences of this disease -brain infection, fibrosis, etc-, not to mention the inexcrutiable pain and disability; the disease hit me since 1993, but my quality of life is already better and rhinosinusitis everyday is better and better.

I think there's hope smile

Hugs to you.

• Posted

Hi sweetbee,

Thanks for posting. Am hoping one day the medics will extend research on this topic where there is lots of confusion among us. Please post reference of any article/journal of interest if you come across any Best wishes

Thank you once again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.