Sinusitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doctor diagnosed sinusitis , had it 2 weeks and hasn't improved , taking amoxicillin still have earache. Now I have started coughing up small amounts of blood when I wake up in the morning in my spittle , my sinusus don't feel blocked but hurt and my phlegm is clear , any advice as id love to be able to tastey food soon and it's getting me depressed, thanks

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

If it's been 2 weeks without the amoxicillin making any improvement perhaps you should go back to your doctor.  You ought to get the new thing of blood in your spittle checked out anyway.  When you say your phlegm is clear I take it you mean from your nose (and sinus) rather than from your lungs (where the small amount of blood come from) - I hope this is right.

Two weeks of amoxicillin should have made a difference so do go back and get it all checked out.  Don't get depressed but do get it sorted!

Just a warning - don't let your doctor prescribe Cipro or any other fluoroquinolone.  These are very dangerous antibiotics - check out the discussions about them on this site.

Take care.

• Posted

Hi Miriam , sorry wasn't clear , had the infection for about 2 weeks , only been taking the antibiotics since Tuesday , haven't had another blood incident today , felt rather like it had traveled down my nose and down my throat .. contacted. NHS 111 regarding blood incident and suggested I monitored it for a couple of days

• Posted

You need to be checked for bronchiectasis if you're having hemoptysis (coughing up blood).  I have had sinus infections for years, and now I have bronchiectasis and NTM.

• Posted

Hi Jason, Nasal passages can become dry with winter air and irriated that could make them bleed, sounds like you need to see a ENT  he or she can do a scope look  up into your sinuses do a culture if needed and see what's going on, hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.