Sinusitis disappeared after traveling north for 2 days, and came back after return.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. Thanks for reading.

I traveled north (not far) for a few days and despite the air there being quite bad (more pollution, extremely dry) my sinuses cleared up. I used to almost always have this feeling of an infection lingering in the back of my nasal tract. It gets worse when exercising, (running, cycling) up to a point where there's like thick white crap in my nose that's very hard to dislodge.

Anyway, so despite the air being desert dry, and overall extremely unpleasant, the chronic symptoms went away.

I didn't stay in a particularly clean environment either. There must have been some mold and pollutants.

But it did made me think if there's something in my home causing the infections. I say this because I've been back for only 24h and I can already feel something developing. It's never been this obvious before.

Mold? Allergy?

I have a runny nose basically all year around. Summer is my favorite season. So it doesn't quite sound like an allergy if winter isn't specially pleasant hmm.

Any ideas would be extemely appreciated. I'm thinking of maybe getting stuff like a dehumidifier/mold cleaning solution/air filter to try and exclude those possibilities. The average humidity is 30-40%. My home isn't noticeably dirtier than the other place I stayed in temporarily. Hmm.

I rarely have lung or throat problems. Those only develop after ignoring the sinus infection and keeping on exercising. Lately the sinusitis is more or less constant regardless of exercise or not. I'm not suffering, but it's there for most of the time. Didn't think anything could be done about it until now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If you go to the beach, you may even feel better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.