Sinusitis hell

Posted , 6 users are following.

I really want to cut off my head I feel so uncomfortable dry nose, tight forehead , feels like the blood has disappeared, light headed ears blocked I could go on and on but I'm sure you all know what it's like

I am using flixonase drops but feel like they are causing the nose to be dryer

I was given steroid tablets but worried about taking them as had some in hospital for a week started to feel bit better 40mg then as soon as they stopped them I got really down as felt crap again

They gave me 5mg to take now but not sure

Been saline rinsing , steaming but 2 secs later I'm dried up again

Please help if you can xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Have they checked for polyps?

I got sick almost 3 months ago and was given steroids and anabiotic's for what they thought was sinusitis. Turned out it was polyps. I was in and out of the doctors for almost a month n a half before they realized what it was. The messed up part is still nothing has been done.

• Posted

Hi Sara

Yeah they checked in hospital had CT scan and MRI and said sinus inflamed but not too bad

I've had 4 lots of antibiotics so now I guess it's viral as still not better so I really feel for people who have it really bad if I feel like this

My right side is affected more

Today I feel like I'm drowning ??? And I sweat on neck on hairline really bad

I am just told to sleep and drink water till better but for how long!!!

I have an appt with ENT dr tues I hope he can give me a miricle

Xxx

• Posted

I'm guessing your ENT will have you do a sinus CT scan.

I also have my 2nd ENT apt. Tomorrow. I'm hoping for steroid spray or surgery at this point.

To me it sounds like you could have polyps. My syptoms started off as having the worse headache of my life and only on one side of my face (the left) ever since then it has gone from ear pain to tooth pain weird fuzzy stinging headaches.

I hope they have good news for you at your apt. On Tuesday.

• Posted

Will see what they find Tuesday

Maybe you are right !

All the best to you too xx

• Posted

I feel ur pain and have suffered for some time i hope the best when going to the ENT. The probably with this illness, what helps some may not help other. But every patient is treated the same, treating the symptoms. I am on my fourth ENT. So good luck
  • Posted

Hi Julie...you probably have something auto immune in nature and that is why the steroids worked but that won't go away so take the steroids. I get this symptom and I have auto immune disease.

What you should do with the flixonase is get a spray and spray it on the area inside your nose which is dry. Don't inhale it. I have this right now and always have it. That is how to help it. It is caused by inflammatiin of the nasal passage. The steroid sprayed over the dry part dampens down the inflammation.

• Posted

Hi I had sprays before Flonase but that seamed to dry my nostrils out too

Feel sick today I have discharge flowing down throat I think

Does that mean it's draining ?

Is it a good thing?

I feel so tired all the time

Thanks Margaret x

• Posted

Hi Julie. I have this at the moment. Please try spraying flixonase over the inside of your nose where it is dry and don't inhale it up your nose.

The steroid in it should make your nose feel better... mine is bleeding inside at the moment it is so dry and I am off to get some flixonase to ease mine.

I honestly feel your symptoms are sounding auto immune. Are you very tired and lacking energy?

• Posted

Yes I am puffed out just washing up

But sinusitis causes this fatigue feeling apparently doesn't it?

I have no energy and feel frustrated

Auto immune what can help that?

I've never had green yellow discharge only clear Especially when I cry so I don't think it's bacteria

My face feels tight and pulsates between eyebrows

My right ear is worse pulsating

Are you thinking sinusitis is caused by auto immune ?

• Posted

Hi Julie yes it was for me. Not always. But you also daid steroids helped didn't you?? That is standard treatment.

Do you have any gastro problems too or any other health issues? Joint pain with the fatigue?

• Posted

I am constantly going to loo number 2s not diarrea but loose stools but I'm on antidepressants so could be side affects or from flixonase drops maybe

Joints in right arm I have to stretch out as it aches sometimes but that's all

What blood test would show something ?

• Posted

Frightend of steroids oral as they mess with moods and I'm fighting depression at the moment so scared to take them with anti depressants

But u did start to feel better on them quite a high dose in hospital 40mg

Daily for a week then replaced with flixonase drops twice daily but feel worse now

• Posted

Sadly if it is that it is difficult to diagnose. But you might want to have your inflammatory markers checked and ANA. It may be underlying cause. Also because steroids helped it sways me into thinking itcould be.

The sinis problem was one of my earliest symptoms. Still comes back if I flare. A lot of people with these disorders also have anxiety and depression. No wonder with all that going on 🙂x

• Posted

Yes I hope so. Sadly they were not useful to me. I was finally diagnosed by an immunoligist after years of suffering. But good luck tomorrow. Update us on what they say. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.