Sinusitis & HGV Driving

Posted , 3 users are following.

For the past 4-5 weeks I've had my first experience of sinusitis. The past 2 weeks have been hell. I don't feel ill, I'm not running a temp but the pressure inside my head & the toothache are sometimes unbearable. I've been taking paracetamol & ibuprofen in small doses & this seems to help.

2 weeks ago I could forcibly blow a very thick lime green mucus out of my right nostril but since using a nasal decongestant this no longer seems possible.

I've had to take the last week off work because I woke Monday extremely dizzy & unable to focus my eyes. This has now improved but I still feel the pressure in my sinus & am worried that this will return.

I'm a HGV driver & cannot / will not drive if the risk of dizzyness & lack of eye focus returns. I dare not visit the GP 'cos if the licence is revoked it is extremely difficult to get it back, even when the GP confirms that all is clear.

Is this likely to be an infection that can be cleared with antibiotics?

I don't consider myself a hayfever sufferrer although some years I do get the odd minor symptom. Sometimes runny eyes & nose, constantly blocked nose or even just itchy eyes for short periods but never all at once & never severe enough to affect me. This year, so far I've had no symptoms which I would call hayfever.

Could this be a symptom of an allergy, a progression of however my body reacts to hayfever?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Babba Wah

I am not sure if your problem is allergy related, but if it is you should try Evening Primrose Oil, as it desensitises the nervous system, so that it does not react to normal irritants. 

It is worth a try, and could solve your problem. It is the least expensive and most effective treatment for allergy complaints such as hay fever, rhinitis, and sinusitis.

It works in about 4 hours and is effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000mg capsule daily is usually sufficient.

If you try this treatment for two weeks the you will know if it is effective in curing your complaint.

Kind regards, Ray.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.