Sinusitis infection without fever

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been diagnosis with sinusitis infection by ENT for after I took 1 course of AMOXIL and one course of RUDAL I still suffer the blowing nose with lots of green mucus and yellow somtimes and smelly. This ENT give me another antibiotic strong one. Should I take it for last time I had fever but this time the fever is gone but I still have green mucus coming out and I keep blowing nose . My question is if my infection is still on why I don't have fever? I also do research about the antibiotic she gave me which can cause severe diarrhoea which scared me for I have CROHN DISEASE and she knew it. THANKS for your answer.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thi20955....It must have been difficult for you....Well I had sinusitis and I was also given amoxicillin, But it didn't work and then I was prescribed levofloxacin. It helped me a lilttle and then I realized that I have allergic condition...So it has become chronic for me.

You have legitimate question you don't have fever and usually infection accompnies with fever. Well, Green discharge is due to your immune system is trying to fight out infection weather it is viral or bacterial, Green color is mainly due to inflammatory cells neutrophil. But as you said you also have yellow discharge which mainly suggest bacterial etiology. Although amoxicillin is first line treatment for sinus infection, Most of the time it fails to treat the condition.

By the way amoxicillin can also cause severe diarrhea so if you could tolerate amox. then you might tolerate that, And if you feel, after taking medicine, that you are having diarrhea then ask your doctor to change the medicine. But one thing keep in mind, whenever you take antibiotics, you should eat probiotics with it as it helps to maintain your gut flora, And reduce the harmful effects of antibiotics on gut. As particularly you have crohn's disease then you should discuss your concerns with your doctor, Hope they will listen and will give you satisfactory answer, If they don't then you always have liberty to change the doctor. As you should be mentally ready to accept the treatment in order to gain most of the benefit out of that medication.

• Posted

hi thi20955

i have struggled for over 15 months with sinus headaches, post nasal drip, lightheadedness, fatigue. I have had multiple rounds of antibotics for weeks with no effect other than turning my green mucus white. At one point they wanted to give me another antibotic and i refused.

im not 100 percent now but im ALOT better than i was. ive had multiple tests;

• every allergy test you can think of, food and airbourne. Only thing that came back was dust and pollen
    • Upper Abdomen ultrascan - nothing
    • Sinus CT - inflammation no obstruction
    • Pancreas/Liver tests - -all normal
    • Auto immune test - all normal
    • H.ploryi test - normal

there just off the top of my head ive had more, anyway my symptoms have improved 10 fold by the following:

• Antiacids
    • Ginger and honey

ive also had a tooth removed around the same time as my mouth was croweded. weather its the anti acids or the tooth i dont know . I Have no signs of acid reflux or silent acid reflux at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.