Sinusitis/ labyrynthitis link

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. I have suffered from chronic sinusitis for over 20 years. A couple of weeks ago I started to get some acute symptoms. I started taken Flixonase nasules and decongestants but it wasn’t making any difference. Then last weekend I started to get dizzy spells and nausea. Only lying flat would alleviate the symptoms. I was convinced these symptoms were related to my now acute sinusitis so I went along to my local walk in centre with a view to getting Prednisolone. While there the nausea and dizziness got much worse and I started to vomit violently. The GP I saw said I had Labyrynthitis but wasn’t convinced it was connected to my sinusitis. I was given something for my sickness and the Prednisolone. The nausea, vomiting and dizziness stopped quite quickly although after 5 days I am still congested. Is there any known link between sinusitis and Labyrynthitis? Why am I still congested in my sinuses after a 5 day

30mg course of Prednisolone? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Simon

As a fellow sinusitis sufferer with 50 years experience with this problem, and a total of 65 years problem with chronic allergies including hayfever, I feel qualified to offer some assistance. 

Please read my post in this forum, “ Sinus Infection- An Effective Treatment “.

This gives my history with chronic allergy problems for 65 years, before discovering an  absolute cure.

The miracle cure for my lifetime problem was simply Evening Primrose Oil.

Evening Primrose Oil works in about 4hours, and it is effective for a further 24 hours, so one 1000 mg capsule daily is usually adequate.

It works by desensitising the nervous system, so that the body does not react to normal irritants. It is not a drug, so it has no adverse side affects, and does not affect mental ability in any way.

I am now completely cured of my chronic sinusitis, and take no treatment whatsoever, except for Evening Primrose Oil. Such a simple cure for such an insidious complaint.

Try my treatment for two weeks, and see the difference. If there is no improvement then it is not your required cure. If it is effective you have saved a lifetime of continual suffering. Worth a try.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

Hi Raymond. Sorry for the late response but the email alert went straight to spam. Many thanks for taking the time to reply. I will get some evening primrose oil and try it today. I’m fed up of prescribed medicines, decongestants and pain killers. If this works it would be amazing! Thanks again and I will let you know how it goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.