Sinusitis or something else

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all has started 1year ago. After a sneeze. It was like my head is getting numb, palpatation , trouble in breathing , trouble swallowing saliva. And after that day it comes and goes away.suffering with post nasal drip , head pressure, head palpatations and swallowing problem. ENT SUGGESTED PARANASAL X RAY, AND THE REPORT WAS .

MAXILLARY AND FRONTAL SINUS ARE HAZY.

No DEVIATED SEPTUM BONES ARE OK.

ENT PRESCRIBED CEFPODIXIME , WITH ANTIHISTAMINES. AND ITS ONE WEEK ..no change..please suggest me what i am going through??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm in the same boat, infection, blood, pulsatile tinnitus,  I tried pretty much everything.  I see the ent in June.  So what is that drug supposed to do?  Did he say how long it would take to clear up?

• Posted

I've been suffering for about 2 and a half years now with an obstructed maxillary infundibulum, my symptoms are facial pressure and feeling nauseous at times. I'm due for an operation in July. I feel it affects my mind also at times because the pressure is persistently there, hopefully the op will cure it.

• Posted

So if you don't mind me asking why did you have to wait so long for surgury, and how will the operation fix it?

• Posted

I bought the mri and ct scan report results from the hospital and googled my results and a online ent doctor couldn't understand why nothing was being done to me, so I contacted my doctor and she sent me to see the ent doctor again and he put me on the waiting list last October. I've been on a few sinusitis forums and many people suffer with these symptoms and don't get the attention that is needed, very frustrating.

• Posted

I tend to agree with you the two gps I have had did not want to take sinus X-rays or ct scans,  I ended up taking tons of antibiotics because they did not want to send me get the proper tests and or make me a appointment for an ent.  It will have taken me 11 months to finally see an ent.  Because every dr thought they could fix it with drugs.
  • Posted

that post nasal drip thing... i hate it!! after all night sleeping and in the morning it causes me dry cough.. my xray results was unremarkkable.. my ENT doctor thinks that maybe its an allergy.. i have sinus infection(sinusitis).. im taking antibiotics now, already done by antihistamines and still using mometasone furoate nasal spray..

wishing to get well soon..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.