Sinusitus

Posted , 9 users are following.

Ok like many on here I feel like I am at the end of my tether. I have permanent sinusitis which is now making me so paranoid and miserable I am convinced it is something more sinister. It has been present for over 2 years now. Main symptoms are headaches, feeling tired and depressed, burning nose and cheeks, and more unusually eye floaters during a flair up. I have had at least 20 courses of antibiotics, steroids, sprays, tried Neilmed flush etc. I have bee referred to ENT once but ct scan didn't enough to warrant surgery. I have now been refered again and waiting for appointment. Each day is a struggle and I have become very snappy and frustrated, losing enthusiasm for everything. Does anybody else feel like this? Anything I can try? I can't remember the last time I was thinking clearly and had a normal day. Many thanks

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I feel exactly the same as you, a very frustrating feeling, for almost 3 years now I've been suffering from it, I've had 2 mri scans and a ct scan which showed I have an obstructed maxillary infundibulum, I'm supposed to get an operation in July and hopefully it will solve it. I can't believe a sinus problem can make me feel this way, I had been suffering with it for 2 years before my eye floaters started, my eyes went blood shot for 5 days and then I had persistent floaters, I had an eye test and everything came back normal so it must be the nasal pressure I have causing them, I've also got weak feelings in my legs but they are not weak. Very bizarre feelings.

• Posted

Yes u r definitely not alone this aliment does mess with the quality of your life and can be very frustrating to boot because nothing seems to work. I don't have any suggestion to help u only to let u once again that u r not alone although some day u may feel that way. It truly is hard to believe that this ailment can have such an affect on your life. If a person is not going through this they have no idea, which mean getting support from family and friends can be hard because they do not understand.

• Posted

Every sympathy with you. I have sinus issues after a fall and smashed nose 2 years ago. But there is little interest from the medics I think as they do not see it as life threatening.

?I have had other more urgent conditions to deal with but will have to address my sinus issues soon again as they affect sleep, cause migraine and eye issues and I'm always tired and wake with headaches.

?I also find that I have reactions to dust and suchlike, that I never had before. I will try complementarty treatments if there is still no interest from the doctor. I hope you can find something to help you.

• Posted

OMG im so glad im not alone!  I had a bad virus in March 2016 and never been the same since.  The Doctors just keep sending me away with steriod sprays! Saying its Hay Fever.  My last visit 2 weeks ago she told me there is nothing they can do.  I asked to be referred to ENT and she told me there would be no point!  15 months i have been like this with several visits to the Doctor.  I cannot smell or taste.  I can hold domestos bleach under my nose and cant smell it.  I can also eat fish, i hate the stuff!!  Headaches after headaches and my ears constantly pop.  I cant put my head down because my sinuses totally block.  My problem always get worse after 6pm at night without fail, no matter where i am.  My job involves me working in air conditioning rooms and bending down to lower levels.  I am so fed up and down (which i told the doctor).  Just had a hot bath i find the steam helps for a short while.  I sleep with 6 pillows which causes back ache in the morning.  I also have to get up in the middle of the night most nights  as im totally blocked.  My throat is sore from breathing through my mouth.  Going to book yet another appointment as i am at the end of my tether.  I am constantly tired and finding working full times with shift work difficult.  No one understands until they have experience this.  People think im lucky because i cant smell bad smells!!!  How wrong they are!  Im feeling so low.
    • Posted

You need an ent asap. Doctors can be so stupid. Do you have a Sinus Center in your area?
  • Posted

Hey, glad I come across this. I share your pain! I have had these sinus issues for 14 months now and it's driving me insane. Everyday is a repeat no matter what I try?!

I have been on antibiotics, steriods, countless nasal sprays and nothing works. I have been on antidepressants to (developed anxiety and depression) and they just added a whole new world of pain to the existing problem. So stopped them.

It's made me very miserable. My partner snaps saying stop moaning, but I find even shopping difficult first thing when your exhausted, dizzy, headache's etc and just plain congested to death.

Have you found anything that offers any relief at all? Going through painkillers like skittles and lately I too have vision problems with blurry vision and red eyes.

Work is understanding but I have close to losing my job through this condition that everyone seems to think "isn't so bad". GAH!

• Posted

I know. I am so tired and weak I can hardly function, And what's with this anxiety and sad feeling? It is hell. I feel like someone with the flu and high anxiety who was just hit by a train. Awful stuff. Doc on Wednesday, I am going to ask for a CT scan of my sinuses. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.