Sinuslift and flying

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am going to have a dental bone graft in my upper jaw. I am flying to Budapest to get the treatment. The dental bone graft involves a sinus lift.

I have been told after having a sinus lift you shouldn't do anything that will rapidly raise or lower pressure in your sinuses such as flying.

The problem I am having is the conflicting advice on the number of days I have to wait before flying back home.

After having my dental bone graft and sinus lift how many days should I wait before flying back home?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Wayne!

I am sorry to hear that you need to have surgery as surgery is never something any of us want to go through and I hope everything turns out well for you.

However, as someone who has a best friend who is literally in charge of tracking deaths at a U.S. embassy in a foreign country (I can't give any other details than that, sorry!), this is incredibly concerning. The leading cause of American deaths in said country is people getting surgeries at a higher elevation than they are used to and/or traveling before they are prepared to and things going completely wrong and downhill from there, so high altitude is definitely not your friend. I would suggest consulting your PCP here in the US regarding the downtime before traveling home. Good luck! (this was not meant to scare you I promise!)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.