Sit on mower

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi all,

im not ready yet at 7 weeks, the bumpy road in the car is bad enough, but as a hands on lady I am so missing getting on my sit on mower.

my knee hurt after travelling in the car and I felt every bump in the road.

will the vibration of my mower do any damage in another month, hoping at 12 weeks I might dare to sit on for 15 minutes at a time.

thats if I don't fall asleep as well!

what are you all like with jolts and bumpy roads etc, is it something we should avoid?

sue x 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

im nearly 13 weeks and fine travelling in the car. Driving can be a bit sore still but def better so good luck on your mower lol
  • Posted

Hi Susan,  I am three weeks for second knee, 11 weeks for first.  I have been ok in the car from the first week, maybe I haven't been over too many bumps.  I drove at 7 weeks with first knee, no problem, but the car is automatic. Mind you, that was my right knee.  I am going to try driving today as I won't be using my left knee for much.  You are amazing driving a tractor at all, let alone so soon after major surgery.  Good luck win your recovery and hope you are back on the tractor soon.  
  • Posted

I am 12 weeks this week & wondering how I will go on my tie on mower. It really needs to be done!
    • Posted

Ride on mower! Lol
  • Posted

I am 10 week post op, the bumps dont bother me any longer but its only after reading this post that I have realised  that its over ! we have very bumpy roads around here somaybe the constant exposure to the bumps hurried it along, the sit in mower sounds fab but I cannot imagine how you will get on it, do you have to lift your leg over ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.