Sitz bath causing yeast infection or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all.  My cyst is back, big as a cherry but painless, wanting to pop up on the skin ever so slightly but mostly just sitting below the surface. I haven't been keeping up on my baths and had sex the other day so it makes sense why it flared up.

I've been using a portable sitz bath since the issue first started in June. I clean the basin as much as I can but it's kind of hard to clean the bag/tube.  Also, sorry for TMI, but sometimes when I get up from my bath I notice tiny little...poop particles...floating in the water. I do my baths after I've showered but I guess the warm water really cleans the entire area..butthole included. I always get grossed out and hop back in the shower and wash my bits again.

The past few days I've had kind of a stingy sensation in my vaginal area/vulva. Not the area where the cyst is. More so the actual vaginal opening.  I've also had a bit of white, tacky discharge but it could be cervical mucus.  I also have no itching that usually comes with a yeast infection.

Come to think of it I used some witch hazel topically on the area for the hell of it, just in the area where the gland opening would be, but using that on its own kinda irritated/dried me out. Could my sitz bath be giving me a yeast infection? Or could it just be due to ovulation/irritation from overwashing the area and using witch hazel?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I so wish someone would have responded to your question as I’m in the same boat. I had my first bc and it burst earlier today. Now that that’s feeling better, I have a kinda burning urge to always have to urinate, but urinating itself doesn’t burn. I’m wonder if the Epsom salt soaks just dried/irritated my lady bits? Or if I’m in the early stages of a yeast infection? Ugh, what luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.