Six months on fluoxetine and suddenly feel horrible

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone I have been on fluoxetine since April I increased my dose to 40 mg on the 21st may and have been on that ever since I was doing really well had off days but nothing major however these last few days have been awful feel tired got the aches in my back and chest again and struggling to sleep is it possible that it has stopped working or is it just a blip and how long should I let it go on for thanks for reading 

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Edward, I loved Fluoxetine.  Was on it for 13 years until I stupidly weaned myself off.  I think this might be just a blip.  I don't think it would stop working for you this soon.  I was on 20 mgs for the whole time.  Maybe it's just the higher dosage getting settled in you.  

Keep in touch with us & let us know how you are doing.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Also-I started back on 20 mgs recently & I was dead tired so much that I had to go take a nap in my car at lunchtime at work!   I also am taking Klonopin before bed (per my doc) because I am sleeping horribly.   I dont want to stay on Klonopin, so I bought some over the counter sleep aid called Unisom.   It has helped!

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I reckon its a blip.  Even though you feel recovered don't ever be surprised if a big blip suddenly pounces on you.  It can happen.  Just more time is needed.  Sometimes we push ourselves a little too much and your body can react because its still recovering and not ready yet, or it could just be more adjustments happening in the body.  I recovered at 6 months - the early morning anxiety had finally gone, and though I felt brilliant I still had the occasional blip crop up.  The following 6 months I just got better and better.

I'm sure its a blip and it'll go.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you ladies had a lot on my plate recently and woke up this morning really anxious it really helps knowing that you guys are there to talk me through onwards and upwards
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up