six months post op pain

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all hippies haven't been on here since December. Had TRHR in august last year all well back to work November. Now found am having problems since January. Pain in my op side in my bum and down side if leg to my knee . Lumpy feeling in my butt (same as post op) . Seen physio she says my range movement is good . Still cannot sleep op side . Seeing consultant in 2 weeks. Got bad back again (same as pre op ) . Has anyone else out there experienced this as it's getting me down .

Denise

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Denise, 

Good to hear from you again, not so good about  your returning pain-

It is very possible that the akward way of sitting might cause this pulling sensation -

I noticed that I sit on my left bum more than on the right one - and before I know it, my back hurts - so, sit on sitz bones , so to speak - 

all those muscles , right ... 6 months is not really that long , considering it might take up to 12-18 months until fully healed ..

one of my pitfalls is lifting heavy stuff - in the senior citizen home where I volunteer, I move wheelchairs, or help people get up etc. and I can just feel it afterwards ...and also heavy grocery bags rolleyes-

anyway, these are my thoughts about the discomfort I feel - it is a reminder of our brilliant body that we need to be more aware and patient -

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hi Renee lovely to hear from you and I hope you are keeping well.

Again I think it could be my sitting lifting etc very much a part of my job . Just so annoying as over Christmas it was like I had never had an op at all so this has been frustrating and on going now about 8 weeks and feeling worse if I'm honest as can't even get comfy in bed (now ordered new mattress) physio initially gave me more intense excercises but when they started to make it feel worse she said just gentle walking etc until I see consultant. I will let you all know .

Hi to any old hippies on here its good to pop back and see how everyone is . I have recommended this site to everyone

Regards Denise

• Posted

Hi, its been awhile since I have been on forum and saw your post.  I will be hitting my 6 month post op end of this month.  Sorry to hear that you are experiencing a setback. 

If people were to see me they would think I was in perfect condition.  But honestly cannot go a complete 24 hours without taking my Aleve or at least 2 Tylenol.  I can say that Im better off that I had the THR, but am far from perfect.  Grateful that I am not in constant pain, I can actually move about the day not remembering that I had or needed this surgery.  But I do know what you are talking about, and if I dont continue with my own stretching, exercising and rolling, I encounter setbacks.  I will be addressing to my surgeon on my 6 mo. checkup that I want an MRI or Ultrasound for my pain in my inner groin hip area.  Sometimes feels like it pulls from my butt, groin and to my knee.  I have an excellent PT guy, who works with my complaints and has made me stronger but this one issue is stumping us and it is quite bothersome.  If I bend 90 degrees or more and then stand straight it is a killer!!!  Other than that, as long as I take my Aleve at least once in a 24 hr period, Im about 80% good. 

I wish you the best at finding out your pain causer so that it can be remedied!! One thing to remind yourself of is that 6 months is still such a small amount of time for our body recover from what its gone through what it did.  I am giving my self 1 year to see a best result.  Thats 6 more months!!!!  Best regards!!

• Posted

Thanks and yes 6 months not that long post op . But for me I was fine up to Christmas almost forgot I had it done physio says great range of movement etc so it is now so frustrating to be in pain sitting ,sleeping etc . Thanks for your comments I will post on here what consultant says x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.