six week post check up

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've just had my six week check up today. Please I need some advise the consultant asked to examine me which of course I agreed. All he did was insert the tip of his fingervabout an inch into my opening and asked me to squeeze and said everything is healing well. I had an anteria and posture repair without mesh. Is this the norm or am I suppose to be examine to ensure all is in place and no infections etc. I am so upset been discharged on this advise as well .

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

At my six week check,mthe consultant put something metal quite a way in, and then felt all the way round with his finger, and asked me to cough.

Really uncomfortable, still sore round perineum.

• Posted

That would be a speculum Laura and that's usually used to examine inside the vagina.
    • Posted

Yes, he had a good look with the speculum, then took it out, and felt all round.

I was quite startled, didn't expect that, I think I thought he'd be more cautious, but they know what they are doing.

I plucked up courage to have a feel around, and it does feel really lumpy, and is still a bit swollen at the back of my perineum, just over seven weeks now.

It does seem to be taking it's time to heal.

• Posted

Healing does take a long time Laura, that's the problem with this surgery. I could feel lumps at 12 weeks post op! 
    • Posted

I've got horrendous hemmerroids as well, so lumps back and front.

12 weeks? I've got a way to go yet then.

• Posted

Oh you poor thing. You may heal earlier than 12 weeks. I had vaginal atrophy so I would have taken longer than normal come to think of it.
    • Posted

I have atrophy and was put onto oestrogen gel after cystoscopy, only about three months ago so don't know if it's kicking in yet, but don't feel as dry.

Hopefully my gp will let me stay on it and my tissues will be strengthened, I don't think it has the same risks as HRT, which I took for around 15 years.

• Posted

I was prescribed pessaries before my operation and still use them as recommended by my Urogynaecologist and they have definitely helped.
    • Posted

Good to know.

The gel is rubbed into my upper arms - measured doses twice a week, have to keep away from genitals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.