Six weeks on Venlafaxine, updose or wait longer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone.

So, I started Ven nearly six weeks ago, did a straight switch from Citalopram 20mg. Am currently taking Ven 75mg XR

The switch over was horrific for a couple of weeks with massive agitation and depression.

I think I'm slowly settling, but I do seem to still have some anxious days. I can usually tell straight away in the morning from when I open my eyes if it's going to be a bad morning. My thoughts are racing from the word go and usually what happens is I feel awful until about 1pm, can't get my mind off how bad I'm feeling. Slowly over the afternoon, the feeling lifts, and by the evening I'm usually feeling ok, sometimes even 'normal.' Having a couple of bad days a week at the moment, the rest are manageable, some are even good.

I suppose my question is, is six weeks still early days with this med? I do feel like my energy has gradually improved, I'm beginning to get out and about a bit more often. I'm still off work, this is my fourth week off ( started the Ven in my holidays), because I'd like to get the anxiety a bit more under control. My sleep is still wonky and I'm having slightly mad dreams.

How long do you think it's reasonable to give a dose?

Thanks everyone, looking forward to your replies 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

im new to this medicine so im not sure ill be much help here but have you considered changing the time you take the medicine to try and get the bad feeling while you sleep? again not sure that will help but i thought worth suggesting it.

• Posted

that is a really good idea, sorry to butt in, and thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.