Sixth month of mono with weird symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi. 20th of December last year kissed a guy. On the 20th of January a tiny rash appeared on upper lip. Lips also felt on fire and itched. 

From April 19th until around August 19th I've had a constant low grade fever with throbbing headache. That's gone but what I still have is:

Head pressure;

Eyes pressure;

Area above eyes is still swollen. It's 21st week of my mono.

Fatigue, obvi; 

Reddish eyes;

Crazy dizziness;

Feeling of pulsation in my head;

Tiny rash on my lips that burns and itches.

Out of 21 weeks, for 11 weeks I stupidly took Valtrex, 3 grams per day. I'm afraid I prolonged my ilness by taking it.

Did anyone on here had/have eyes pressure as a symptom? 

How about swollen area above eyes?

Finally, was taking valtrex  was extremely dumb of me? They say antivirals don't let virus replicate so your body don't make antibodies.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Ps I'm a 30 y o female who lives in a third world country and found out it's mono only recently.

• Posted

Hi Gee,

​I think that Valtrex is actually good, I have heard that it produces good results, you probably would have had a worse outcome without it, This virus just lasts such a long time.

The doctors will have your antibody response on your Epstein Barr panel and should be able to tell you if you are active or in the recovery phase. I am in the recovery phase since March and have still had symptoms and a minor relapse in July. 

• Posted

Hi Gee,

Thanks for sharing your story, so sorry to hear you have been struggling with mono. The symptoms you describe certainly sound consistent with mono, and the fact it's been going on a few months too also fit in with that. I remember having a bit of a twitching eye if I recall rightly when going through it, I think it can do all sorts of weird and crazy things to the body.

I don't really know much about anti-viral drugs, but sounds like good advice from Mono there to take on board. Just want you to know that this does and will get better for you, even if it doesn't seem that way now, and that I'm thinking about you and know how hard it is to go through the virus - you will overcome this without any doubt whatsoever, asking God to help is best advice for sure.

Take care and just rest as much as possible, reduce stress if you can (hard I know) and eat as healthily as possible.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Gee, 

In the beginning I had the worst head pressure, brain fog and tingling on side of my head. For me it lasted 7 months. I forgot all about those symptom. It drove me crazy. 

That has all gone away now. I'm in month 9. I've had different issues with this virus. It affects each of us differently. 

Just know in time you will get better. We have to have a lot of patience, take very good care of your bodies and get lots of rest. 

• Posted

Thinking of you Shawna....things are going to get better for you and for Gee...without any doubt whatsoever I truly honestly genuinely believe that - so if you're struggling to see or believe it right now (which is understanable when feeling weak and weary), take heart that someone else who has been through it believes it for you and can see hope for you - I defintely do see that today.

Craig

• Posted

You're welcome Gee - thinking about you and keep us posted how you are doing - and remember just take things one day a time and don't push yourself too much, listen to your body and rest when needed. The real key to glandular fever recovery is living a boring stress-free life!! But remember you will definitely be back to full health again and feeling much better - I truly belive that.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Gee, 

My currents symptoms now is stomach troubles, throat tightness/burning, muscle pain off and on and fatigue. I don't have fatigue everyday just the days after I have excerted myself. I rest as much as possible, eat healthy and take vitamins. I'm in the bed by 9p or 10p each day. This is what find works for me and my recovery. 

How are you doing? 

• Posted

I had the same situation as you. Mouth and lip burn. I have been dealing with mono over a year. Mouth still hurts, but not as bad. My symptoms are starting to get a little better. 
    • Posted

No I have not. I'm not claiming that. I will take care of my body and give it what it needs to get better. I believe I WILL be better than before. That's what I'm claiming, in Jesus name!! A lot of stress and anxiety will keep you sick. I'm not focusing on the negative only the positive because I know where I came from. Doing things now is a breeze compared to 9 months ago. Thank God I am not where I was. 

Prayers to you and your healing. 🙏🏼

• Posted

You can deny it all you want but the fact is you have cfs symptoms. I suggest you look into Dr Lerner's protocol with high doses of valtrex. It helps if started early within 2 years of falling sick with cfs. Why not giving it a try.

• Posted

Hi Shawna,

That is an amazing post you put praise God for your attitude - that is tremendous I just hope I can be better at taking on board that kind of attitude too!

I just want to reassure you about CFS - many doctors, etc, will just write people still suffering from effects of glandular fever off as having this after 6 months, which I believe is TOTALLY WRONG because the effects can and do go on for longer for many people and they DO STILL GET FULL BETTER. In my opinion, glandular fever leaves a kind of post viral effect which can take a significant while to get over, but people do get over it and make a fully recovery - so that's why I would definitely encourage people not to worry or be scaremongered by CFS. This may be the case for a tiny proportion of people, but it is no more the case for people with glandular fever that it would be for any virus, and the VAST MAJORITY of people who suffer symptoms for a long time still do make a full recovery, even when it seems the valley is deep and struggling to see hope.

Thank you for your prayers Shawna, you are a blessing to this site and I still believe you and Mono and Gee and everyone else is going to make a fully recovery in Jesus name, without any doubt whatsoever.

Craig

• Posted

Hi Gee,

​Where do you live? I live in the US and have heard of Valtrex having good results, but the doctors do not prescribe it. I am going to ask at my next appointment. Did the doctor suggest this for you right away and has it helped?

• Posted

Hi 

What stomach problems do u seem to be having?

And what muscle aches do you get? Xxx

• Posted

Hi Rosanna,

I have stomach pain and tightness sometimes spasms. I sometimes have aches in my right thigh and right forearm. 

• Posted

Hi Mono too,

I live in  Kazakhstan. Doctors here don't prescribe it too. I paid out of pocket. It cost me a fortune that's why I did only 6 weeks of it. I wanted to stop earlier but doctor said since I started it I might as well take it for at least 6 weeks. Idk if it's a coincidence or not but I've started feeling better on and after valtrex.

• Posted

Hi Gee,

?It makes sense as it is an antiviral. I wish we could try it here, we don't have access without a prescription. I am going to ask about it at my next apt, especially for my daughter as she is really having a hard time with the virus. 

• Posted

Hey mono,

Many Russians order generic valtrex from indian websites. They say it's affordable. Look into it. Or I can send you some from Kazakhstan if you pay for it. Just let me know. I'm willing to help if need it. Cheers.

• Posted

Hi Gee,

​I am going to doctor next week and I will see if they will prescribe.Thank you for the offer though. 

How are you feeling overall?

• Posted

Hey Mono,

I'm having a headache and a weird  feeling in my nose. Will start a new discussion about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.