Size 16 years old

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello, I know that there is already a lot of subject concerning this but I want to have an opinion on my case.

I am a 16 year old boy measuring 1.75m (5.74feet), during the last eight months I took 2cm (0.06 feet)

I read that if we had a lot of hair it meant an end of growth ... and that's totally my case !!! I have a beard (a real one) on my chest and more (hair that grows fast and very thick). That said my father is 1m83(6feet) tall and is also very hairy. I was younger very quickly growing up, I was one of the tallest and now almost the smallest. Will I reach 1.80m(5.90 feet)

Thank you in advance and excuse me for the spelling mistakes.

(I dont know where i could post that sorry if this is not in the right section...)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I play basketball so I did a lot of research on height. And your height is very average for a lots of country's. I'm around 1.90m so I never had a problem with my height, but if you really want to get taller I would recommend stretching daily, getting right nutrients and good amount of sleep. If you smoke or do drugs or drink Definitely should stop because those things do stun your growth. Also if you go to gym avoid deadlifts, squats with bar. But remember this is mostly due to your genetics and there is nothing wrong with being 1.75m tall.

• Posted

thanks I'll do that! And yes i know but the sterotypes of todays is 1,80 so im desapointed cause of my dad and my sister who is 1,75 too...

• Edited

Hi Romain, So it is different for everybody but, basically once you hit puberty(this age can vary) it takes about 2-5yrs to be fully grown, as far as height...in the medical community they say those first few years of puberty are the fastest growth time, at 16 you have done most of your rapid growth but, can continue to slowly grow....usually by age 18 you are not going to get much taller(once the growth plates in your bones are solid, height stops) your bones build density & you will continue to build muscle mass into your early 20s and your brain continues to mature until as late as 25(why its VERY IMPORTANT for young men to exercise, eat properly and avoid drugs and alcohol,, it can not only effect you NOW, it can effect your growing body creating issues later on...if you are almost 5'8, you just might squeak out the extra inch over the next 2yrs...honestly NOBODY can tell you for sure, so you never know but, don't let your height mess you up, measure yourself every few months...remember, when you measure: no shoes, just socks or bare feet , stand with your shoulders back, chin/face straight forward, stretch to stand tall, even your neck but, no cheating & be sure the ruler is level & touching your head, when you mark it on the wall(better if someone can do it for you, they can be sure its level) Take care & good luck, I think you just might get there๐Ÿ’’๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽถโ™พโ˜ฎ๐Ÿ€

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.