Size of Bartholin's Cyst and menstrual period

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi!

I was wondering if the Cyst grows bigger when you're on your period? For the both times I got the cysts,  I realized it developed about a week before my period. Now, I've had the Cyst going on 5 weeks now and I am on my 3rd day of my period and it has definitely gotten bigger and very hard. Thankfully, I still get no pain except for last night when I felt a subtle pain so I took 2 ibuprofen. 

I had been taking one brand of Serrapeptase for 2 weeks straight with no result so I ordered the 'Dr.'s Best' brand most people recommend and I've been taking that for 3 days now along with Silica which I've started 3 days ago also.

So, as I'm taking all of these and doin the sitz bath (which I can't do right now as I'm on my period), I was wondering if the Cyst tends to get bigger and harder when one is on her period. 

Thanks so much!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Mine always gets bigger around my period. I have been dealing with this for almost 5 years now. I tried serrapeptase and silicea but I had no success. Did the dr. Brand work for you?
    • Posted

Thanks, Mandy! I had 2 periods during the time I had the cysts and both times they seemed to get bigger th first few days of my period. I had bought the Dr.s Best brand of Serrapeptase but honestly, because I took a few different supplements I do not know which worked best but I am happy to say that the Cyst is completely gone! It was a difficult 2 months (from August to October). I do believe though that the sitz baths with salt might have done the trick. I hope you have gotten some relief from this.  Thanks again again have a good one! 
    • Posted

I'm happy too here that your better! I hope it stays gone. May I ask what supplement and the brands that you have tried?
    • Posted

Thank you!

I used DR.'S BEST Serrapeptase. I also did lots of sitz baths (3x a day). I work at home so that made it possible. I put tea tree oil and Witch Hazel in the water along with sea salt or just plain table salt. I first used epsom salt but it did nothing. I was advised by a nice lady this this forum (so sorry I forgot her name) but she told me to try the plain table salt as she did and try and get that hot (as hot as you can tolerate it) water in there and that will help.

If you read my previous postings you will get more information there but I was relentless in getting this thing gone. I spent a lot of money on so many different products but I honestly think the regular salt with the Tea Tree oil did it. Please try that. Take care.

• Posted

I just discovered a large golf ball size cyst on Friday, had an emergency appointment with OB/GYN yesterday. He confirmed it was Bartholin Cyst, drained, and inserted word catheter. My menstral cycle is starting and its really heavy...can I use a tampon? Seems unsanitary to use a pad???? Please help!!!
    • Posted

Hi now am in same situation.... having lots of pain and did you use tampons? What did you do when you were in that situation?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.